Chapter Fourteen

Dedicated to @avalonstyles0 for the awesome cover ^_^

ChapterFourteen

~Lucas~

The sun was slowly starting to rise, making the sky change from blue to orange and pink. The birds were up singing their songs all the while I was waiting for something that I knew wasn't going to happen. I knew from the moment I stepped into the clearing that she wouldn't come tonight but I still had to try. I wanted to see her in my human form so I could touch her and hold her properly. So I could run my fingers through her hair and see just how smooth and soft it was. Damn I wanted to see her.

Heaving a sigh, I slowly got up from leaning against the boulder and clicked all of my joints back together since I felt stiff all over.

'Ugh, stuff it. Wanna go for a run?' I ask Tobias as I click my back back in to place.

'Do you really need to ask?'

'Aright then' I say before stripping down. I close my eyes and focus; feeling my body start to tremble and before I know it I'm on all fours. I stretch and then shake out my coat.

Just before I let Tobias take over I look back over my shoulder just hoping that my mate would come crashing through the line of trees that I last saw her run through yesterday.

'She's not coming, we would've smelled her already if she were.' Tobias says to me. I keep looking at the line of trees, just hoping that Tobias is wrong, but he's not. I turn back around, pick up my clothes with my teeth and let Tobias take over. All the while I just watch as the trees start flying past us.

-

We had only been running for a good 2 hours when Jaces' voice invaded my head.

'Yo Lucas, you have to get to the pack house ASAP. Alphas orders. Oh and Thomas said to bring him some of your shoes for the party tonight as well.' and with that he was gone, not even waiting for a reply. I swear him and Thomas better learn some respect before I'm Alpha!

I laugh as the apartment building I live in comes into view, just thinking of how naive I would be if I thought they would actually respect me since they have never respected my in their entire lives.

I remember when we were 10 years old and we'd be playing at the back of the pack house; Jace, Thomas and me. We would always play a game where we would wrestle each other and the winner would become 'Alpha' and the two who lost would both have to do one thing the 'Alpha' says. Then when the losers finished what they were told, we'd end up wrestling again for the title. I would always win so as a handicap they would either tie one of my arms behind my back or blindfold me but since I had Alpha blood I was still able to win, not every time but majority of it. We would continue playing until dinner was ready and then play again until our mothers came out and dragged us inside and everytime we would play, the handicaps they would give me would get worse and worse.

I was still laughing as I opened the door to my apartment using the spare key I leave outside in the woods for when I run back home.

The apartment was just as I left it two days ago. Woah wait a minute...I haven't been home for two whole days? Well I need a shower.

I go and turn on the shower and while the water warms up I get some clothes out to wear on the way back to the pack house, deciding that I'll be driving there since I'll need a car for the party tonight. I turn and see steam coming out of my bathroom and decide that it's ready.

I finish my shower and get dressed in the t-shirt and jeans I picked out and then start looking for some dress shoes for Thomas. I walk into my wardrobe and look where the shoes are and start looking for some. Just as I found a pair that would fit him his voice, just like Jaces', invades my head but just 10 times louder.