Chapter Seven

Dedicated to @Aimee4Eva2001 for being the first one to comment on my last chapter :)

ChapterSeven

~Serenity~

As I stared at the girl looking back at me, it was easy to see that she was no longer depressed, considering how she looked last night.

"Stop smiling!" I yell at her while pointing my finger at her, which she returns.

"If you keep on smiling, they're going to figure out that you found your beloved." I tell her while leaning towards her, trying to glare at the idiot but then I just broke into a bright smile instead.

"Ugh!" I splash the water from the stream onto my face and quickly start scrubbing it with my hands. "You stupid, stupid girl." I mutter to myself while dragging my hands down my face.

I couldn't tell my family I found my beloved because then they'll want to know who he is then they'll find out that he's a werewolf and they mustn't know that. Well, not yet anyway. It's not like I'm ashamed of it or anything, I accept him in any shape or form, I just need to wait and see how they react to the pack at the stupid party and see if they like them. I couldn't keep this a secret for long though. I knew that much.

Just as I stood up, the sun broke through the clouds and a ray of sunlight landed on me. That wasn't good. I didn't have time to think about anything as I ran through the forest on my way back, besides the thought of getting home.....an hour ago.

----------

I could hear their voices from inside the house as it came into view and I could tell they were freaking out, well all of them except for Demetri. How typical, he doesn't have a care in the world.

I started to quicken my pace to the house, but not as fast as I probably should've since as soon as I got to the stairs and through the door I was ambushed with questions, well more like yelling.

"Where have you been!?"

"Do you know what time it is!?"

"We were so worried!"

"Look at your clothes! Are you hurt!?"

Seriously? Such mundane things to fuss over. The last comment made me roll my eyes but I still ended up looking down at my clothes. They weren't even that dirty! Just a few specks of dirt here and there, but nothing major. I knew i had to answer them but I sure wasn't going to tell them the truth, so I decided to change the subject instead.

"Where's Damien?" I ask them.

"Excuse me miss, don't you dare try to change the subject" Annabelle says while pointing one of her slim fingers at me.

Changing the subject: Failed.

"Where the hell have you been Serenity?" Uh-oh. An angry Annabelle is never good. Time to pull out the waterworks.

"I-I was just-" I stuttered on purpose while my eyes started to water up. I started to make my lip tremble, just for effect. Just to make my little act more dramatic, I let out a sob and covered my face with my hands.

"Aw Serenity don't cry!" Annabelle cried while coming over to me in a flash trying to soothe me.

Operation Gain Sympathy: Success.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just worried, we all were." she said while rubbing my back in a circular motion.

Okay now I just feel guilty. Time for my little act to come to an end.

Making sure that the triumphant grin that I was wearing was gone, I started to slowly lift my head while wiping the non-existent tears from my cheeks. I gave her a small fake encouraging smile.