Chapter Nine

ChapterNine

~Lucas~

"What did you say?"

"I said; I. Will. Leave. The. Pack." I say again, emphasizing each and every word. He looked at me and I mean really looked at me. Searching for something, and I guess he found it when all seriousness left his face and a megawatt smile took over.

"That's my boy!" he said while laughing. He then got up, as did I, and walked around the desk to stand in front of me. He stood in front of me and I realized that we were the same height, if not me being a little taller. He was still wearing his winning smile when he clasped his hand on my shoulder and said:

"Son, if you accept your mate then I will as well." He says to me, with his smile getting brighter and brighter by the minute. It made him lose the edge that being Alpha usually gave him. Now he actually looked his age, if not younger.

"Now lets see what your moms cooking 'cause it smells delicious." He says while wrapping an arm around my shoulders and guiding me towards the door. I looked at my father and saw him still smiling brightly which of course made me start smiling as well. It was nice having my dad like this, instead of being the stuck-up Alpha he usually is. I still needed to talk to him about that Vampire party we were invited to and was wondering if we should talk about it now, but seeing my dad like this made me want to savour it.

I'll just talk to him about it later.

----------

As my father and I entered the dining hall we were greeted with different varieties of delicious aromas and booming laughter that echoed off the walls.

Since our pack was so big, we had to create a place where everyone could fit and eat comfortably and even though not everyone in the pack lived in the pack house, we all still loved sharing our meals together. So that's why our dining hall ended up looking like a restaurant: it had plenty of tables, an open kitchen area, and people bringing food around to every family but without those ridiculous waiter uniforms. But instead of all the tables spread out, most were joined together creating three long lanes with single tables surrounding them. People could choose where to sit but most people in the pack usually sat with others who were around the same age group as them which resulted with the naming of the tables; the Teens table, the Young Adults table and the Adults table, the adults table being the middle lane. The children and the elderly sat on the tables surrounding the lanes.

Being the Alpha of the pack we had our table at the front on a higher level but with us being us we just ended up sitting wherever we wanted, Leanne and I usually just ended up eating with our friends while our dad would either be in his office still working or walking around the hall getting acquainted with everyone and sharing laughs with each other. My mother would either be in the kitchen preparing more food with the pack moms or walking around asking if anyone needed anything. The mothers usually ate when most of the pack was clearing out.

As my father and I walked towards the front many people on the way stopped to greet both of us and talked to us just for the sake of talking to us. As we both stood there listening to one of my dads close friends talk about something that happened while he was on patrol, I felt a hand on my arm.

I turned to look and saw that it was my mother. I gave her a warm smile and she gestured for me to follow her. I nodded and started to follow while my dad was to busy laughing his butt off to notice me leaving. As I walked away I looked back and saw more people joining in the conversation that my dad was having.

Jeez, they're like moths to a flame when it comes to dad. I thought to myself as I watch them surround him with glowing smiles, wanting to know what was so funny.