One Night With The Luna Note

Hello All, 

I have tried very much to get into writing both One Night With The Luna and Deliverance, however, every time I do, I can't stop memories from surfacing and causing me to end up in tears. With everything so fresh regarding the passing of my close friend, and how she helped inspire certain aspects of The Deliverance Series, it's just not possible for me to continue writing these two books at this time.

Another thing I can't focus on right now is Renegade. It was the one book she wanted to read and I wasn't able to complete it before her passing. I want to, and will eventually finish it off for The Nexus Chronicles, however, it holds too much for me right now and I just cannot. I feel regretful, and it's only causing me to spiral. I know I shouldn't though it is all part of the grieving process and coming to terms.

I don't know how long they will be on hold for, grief something that will take time to process and move forward. It just makes me sadder and I can't move forward with my life working on this series as everything is so interlocked. I wish I could force myself to write, regardless, however, my writings are based on real-world issues, people, and situations, and because this is so to home, I can't escape my feelings and emotions as I do for other issues in my life when writing.

Readers read to escape.

Writers write to escape.

Unfortunately, I can't do that at this time. I'm going to be distracting myself instead by focusing on the new series I am building around Forbidden, and also continue to finish off editing and publication The Blood Magic Series with The True Born Huntress, and then work on the spin-off book for that series I've wanted to for a while: Beloveds' Marks.

I really appreciate each and every one of you, and that's why I'm being honest and open about this. I won't make promises I can't keep, and right now, the only way I'm going to be able to write is my own escape.

Perhaps, after I write the tribute chapter for Glofish's passing in The Deliverance Series, it will help me move forward, yet I am not ready to say goodbye.

Much Luv,

~Kay