•7•

The room that has been prepared for Quinn and I is rather large with two beds. An adjoining bathroom connects to the room, Quinn stretching her neck before flopping down face first on the bed. Alpha Keir hadn't followed us, returning to that of his duties to his pack...

...though Coen smiles from the door and says, "I guess I'll come to get you two when dinner is ready?"

"Is that a decision for you to make or for your Alpha?" My voice is slightly cold, not turning around as I stare out the window across from me. Quinn lifts onto her forearms, her eyes glancing at me before she looks back over her shoulder at Coen.

"I..." Coen sounds stumped, and I can see Quinn mouthing something to him out of the corner of my eye.

Turning around on the spot, Coen nearly falls back a step at my quick movements. Lifting my chin, I tell him, "You're not comfortable in the beta position..." tilting my head to the side, I narrow my eyes and state, "...you're perhaps Alpha Keir's 'beta', but you haven't actually been given the title entirely...you're still training. I'd rather you send someone sure of their job then fumbling to be quite honest."

"Luna..." Quinn feels bad for her mate, but I'm not wrong at all in my deductions.

"Y-Yes," Coen nods and replies, "my father is Ilyas Hale, he'll come for you both with proper orders from Alpha Keir."

A smirk tugs at my lips as I reply, "Smart choice."

That's all I have to say for him to leave the room, closing the door behind him. Quinn blows hair out of her face and asks, "Did you have to be so aggressive?"

"Yes," I shrug my shoulders, feeling the ache of my body as I just want this heat to cycle through. Stretching my arms, I walk toward the bathroom door and remind her, "Alpha Keir's already claimed me...so I won't show submission to others. He might have taken from me something that should have been exchanged equally, but that doesn't mean I have to roll over for others."

Quinn breathes our quietly and asks, "He really did it...?"

"Yes," I grasp the edge of the door, holding it open while stating, "and I'm going to make him regret putting me beneath him. I will be treated as an equal, submitting on my own accord, allowing his dominance..."

"Laura, but he's to be your Alpha, it doesn't matter, you don't have a choice-"

Whirling around, I snap, "He has no respect for me. He will learn that unless I'm treated as his equal in every way, he'll be forced to reject me on his own accord."

"Laura, you're playing with fire and you're gonna get burned," Quinn shifts on her stomach as she lies out in the bed.

"Then let's hope the flames don't consume everything they touch," I muse more to myself, stepping into the bathroom while allowing the door to close behind me.

Stripping from the clothes...I know I'm a mixture of horrid smells, to others though, not necessarily. Turning the water on, I wait for steam to rise from the tiles. The water feels good against my flesh, holding the back of my neck with my hands while rubbing my thumbs into the muscles. My head tilts back, the water cascading over my face and down my neck.

After stepping out of the shower and drying off, I hold the towel around my breasts while moving to the edge of the counter. My hand touches the mirror; streaking away the condensation until I'm left staring...it's his mark that I see, the hurt I feel can't be helped, no matter how much I want to bury it.

Releasing a sigh, I moved away from the counter and head back into the bedroom. Quinn is changing into new clothes, ones that had been filled for our use while we remain here. She giggles and states, "Go look, there's a whole lot of things to choose from" She points at a closet and I walk toward it.