•3•

Anyone actually interested in this story, or should I make it Patreon exclusive? O_O

Quinn's connection is severed the moment I take the shackles into my hands. Never glancing away from Silos, I set the first one around my wrist, snapping it shut while it auto-locks. I do the exact same to the other, glancing to both Revelin and Sarick as they both lower their guns. With a slight nod of his head, Silos orders the warriors to put away their weapons, not seeing a threat any longer now that I'm complying.

"Move to the back wall and turn around," Silos orders me, my eyes rolling in the process as I take a few steps away from him.

"Luna!" Kylar calls out to me, running to the bars joined to my cell before growling lowly at Silos.

"Do you want me to have you put down, mutt?" Silos taunts Kylar, hoping to catch him off guard.

My voice is low as I tell Kylar, "Don't give him a reason to harm you."

"Bu-"

"Don't," is all I saw, because I recognize the familiar scent, hearing Silos' footsteps alter as he halts behind me.

It's not a split second later, that both Revelin and Sarick are choking on their blood, whirling around to see Quinn rushing forward at Silos. With their throats slit wide open, Quinn crouches to the ground before bolting upward at Silos. He's stronger though, using her speed to his advantage before punching her in the face and causing her to skid across the floor.

On impact with his fist, Quinn's grip on her dagger clatters to the floor. I don't hesitate for a moment, rushing forward as I slide to my knees. While Silos moves forward, about ready to rush Quinn, I grasp the dagger in both of my hands, running as fast as I can with the shackles on and slicing Silos' Achilles tendon.

"Laura, run!" Quinn helps me to my feet, a wave of pain surfacing as I gasp, feeling like the wind has been knocked out of me. She pushes me toward the hallway, but I hear Quinn release a cry and yell...at the same time a gun goes off.

When I look behind me, holding the dagger in my left hand, I see Quinn staggering forward. Silos had shot her, a flesh wound to her calf. Quinn is about to fall, but I use my body to help shoulder hers, looking at her as I ask, "Can you shift?"

"Y-ye-s," her face contorts with pain, but it's her irises that reassure me, seeing how she hardly wastes any time before fur replaces skin. She'll be able to tolerate her injury longer with her wolf's strength, also bearing my weight as I lower myself onto her back, my hands grasping the dagger sideways and her fur.

I'm urging her to move faster, the low in the evening, but still shining over the treetops. I don't know how far others will be behind, but with Revelin and Sarick disposed of, Silos has lost some of his backings to take over the pack. Quinn's wolf zips in and out of the tree trunks, moving through the territory southward at a breakneck pace. She doesn't let up, though I feel the way she's losing stamina with her injury.

The bullet is still lodged in her calf...

I hadn't realized it until now, feeling her starting to shift when we are out of our pack territory. A cry leaves her lips when I bring her closer to a fallen log, her features contorted as I look over her wound. Due to the shifting and how her hind legs had kicked up dirt and leaves off the forest floor, her wound is starting to fester with what has gathered.

With the dagger in my hand, I tell her, "We need to get the bullet out."

Quinn shakes her head, releasing another cry at how tender her swollen calf is. She stutters, "N-No...La-Laur-a..."