•6•

Tears trail down my cheeks, my arms wrapped around my knees as I sit on the cot with my back to the wall. I'm trying to regulate my breathing, but I hiccup sobs, my nose sniffling as I can't believe what Alpha Keir has done.

He force marked me.

Regardless of him being my mate, that doesn't give him the right...

It hits me then, my knuckles turning white as I grip harder. He did it so I can't reject him, not without bearing the brunt of the consequence of doing so.

How dare he, but I guess I can't expect much from a pack that's claimed his dominance over the rest, their harsh nature reflecting their true colors. It hurts my chest, feeling this way, as I hardly believe it's any better than how Silos planned to treat me.

I'm lost.

"Luna Mother," I can hear Knox speaking at the entrance to the holding cells, my eyes remaining transfixed on the spot I've been staring at. Footsteps draw closer, knowing they've stopped outside of the bars to my cell because I can feel her presence.

Omega.

Her voice is gentle as she asks, "Luna Laura?"

My gaze slowly lifts to see an older woman with auburn hair slowly turning white from age. Her eyes hold mine, confusion filling her features as she looks over me. She tells me gently, "I've heard a lot about you growing up." I look over her, the silence remaining between us. After a few moments, she introduces herself, "I'm Ashling Wood...what happened?"

My eyes widen at her name, father having spoken many times about an omega who became a Luna, the mate of Alpha Rakkon...

...though nothing compares to the story told of how Alpha Keir had killed an adult male hybrid, the one who'd killed his father.

I guess I'm still lost in thought because she asks me, "Keir said he found his mate, I ju-"

"Your son force marked me," I seethe with anger.

"Keir..." her features shift, and she lowers her gaze.

"She's here, isn't she?" Alpha Keir's voice sparks an argument at the entrance to the holding cells, though a second later, he orders, "Diccan...move."

Luna Mother...Ashling, a title fit for her...she glances down the hall which she'd come down, hearing footsteps approaching.

Alpha Keir comes into my field of view and I immediately glance away from him, not wanting to see him after what had happened. He turns to his mother and asks, "Mom?"

"Did you really do this?" Ashling's voice holds emotion I've not heard since setting foot in the Nightshade Prowlers Pack territory.

"M-"

"Keir," her voice cuts through and I'm in awe at the way she commands her son. Regardless of him being the Alpha...as I lift my gaze slowly to see the two of them...it's obvious the respect he holds for her. Ashling's eyes shift to me for a second when she states, "You don't know what's happened or where people come from...only what's been said about them," she turns back to Alpha Keir and reminds him, "you're better than this...I can't see any good reason as to why you've done this...why you've treated not only your mate this way...but jeopardizing our relationship with the Imperial Stars Pack for whatever reason is beyond me..."

Alpha Keir's features shift as he calls for her, "Mom...I..."

Though Ashling turns her gaze on me and says, "I'm deeply sorry, this is not our way. On behalf of the Nightshade Prowlers Pack...I extend our sincerest apologies."