Ch. 3 - Depression To The End

Okay, I am so so so so so sorry for not updating in a week, I totally lost track of time, I'm so sorry, also if this chapter sucked please tell me, again, I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry.

Thank you eddi_10_27_06_ for voting! And 2minty4u for voting and adding this book to their list! Thank you Daredevil246 for commenting and adding this book to their list! Thanks LoverofBooksGal for voting and adding this book to your list! Thanks to Candy_Katie for commenting and voting!

Apollo's POV
Sadness clamped its jaws on me. Betrayal flowed deeply through my veins. My heart felt like it was splitting into two. My body shook, and I felt shocked, mad, and a mixture of other emotions. Nothing could describe what I was feeling right now. Why, dear sister, Arty, why?

Tears welled in my eyes. I wasn't sad that I was mortal. I didn't even react when the new immortals tossed me down to earth to be a normal, teenager demigod. I just grinned and laughed, showing off my shining teeth.

But the feelings hit me when Percy dragged me back. I was in the sky's realm now, with Ouranus and Zoë, the fallen heroine, explaining to me what happened to my dear twin, Phoebe Artemis. Percy stood off to one side, staring at me expectantly and sadly.

My half-brother disgusted me, he really did. But the most disgusting thing is that Ares raped my twin sister, and she liked it. I couldn't believe it. All this time, father and I desperately protected her virginity. But then, she just tossed away all our hard work and went on to break her oath.

"So, you see," Ouranus sighed, "we had to banish her. She broke her oath, her father—your father sword on the Styx to help her keep it. Styx would've claimed her soul slower, but we managed to reach her first. I'm sorry, Apollo." The Primordial of the sky explained sincerely.

"She betrayed us all," Zoë said with a heavy accent. "My former patron, protecter, mentor. I promise, Apollo, Artemis's betrayal hurt me as much as it hurt you." Tears stung in her eyes, reflecting mine. "I can imagine how much hurt you feel, losing a sibling. She was like a sister to me, too."

I didn't even try to hold back the emotions I was showing on my face. The sadness and anger bubbling inside of me was about to explode. Let it all go, Apollo, Percy whispered in my mind, his tone sorrowful. Let go.

Everything exploded. My tears flowed like a waterfall. Light shot out of me from all sides, robbing me of my eyesight entirely. Red coated my vision. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. My bow sang with energy, as if begging me to shoot something. So I did.

Targets appeared, one by one. With the speed of light (get it? Lol), I shot my arrows rapidly. My anger fueled my energy and I nocked each arrow faster and faster, demolishing each target easily. My hand flung out and a dark purple energy ball flew out, slamming into a target. I watched calmly as the purple blob devoured the target whole.

A disease that harms from the outside. With another fling of my arm, dozens of diseases hit their intended target. Slowly, my energy started to drain away. The rush of adrenaline faded away, replaced by depression. My bow dropped to the floor and I collapsed, sobbing and hugging the floor.

"I'm so sorry, my son." A soft, motherly voice whispered into my ear. A warm, comforting hand rubbed my back in circles. For a moment, I thought it was my mother, Leto. But then I thought, It's not possible. She's been faded for millennia.