Ch. 19 - Runes Are So Confusing

Thanks to Bhavamanyu , 2minty4u , BlueeCookiess , A_Dam_Name and harmonia_rose for voting! Also thanks to LoverofBooksGal , NicoDiAngelo13000 , Bhavamanyu and xpercabeth3000 for voting and commenting! And thanks to spideymango  for commenting! Thanks to Godwill500 , Loki2018SMB  and 31Nifaal for adding this book to their list!

Apparently a lot of people forgot who Roth was 😂 honestly, I didn't pay much attention to him either, so can't blame y'all, tbh. But he's my OC, eh? Though not mentioned a lot, I gotta write something 'bout him

The original couple and the soulmates two,
To gain back their pride with the wine, wisdom's hue.
Uneven numbers must conquer Aldesse,
And feel the pain cast upon the blessed.
Once the apple falls from the tree,
Immortality twists its key.

Hades' POV

"Roth?" Apollo asked, apparently as stunned as I was. "Is that really you? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school? Where did you get that knife? How did you find us?" The former sun god bombarded him with questions.

The golden-eyed boy smirked, hefting up the weapon in his hand. "'Becca gave it to me," Roth explained. "She said I might need it. Then, the next day, I see that she didn't come to school, wouldn't pick up her phone, and her parents don't know her whereabouts?" He laughed. "I knew something was off."

"And somehow, that lead for you to follow us...here?" I questioned curiously. "That, Mister Roth Whatever-Your-Last-Name-Is, does not have any links or whatsoever together. Or chains. Or however the saying goes, because I don't know."

Roth grimaced. "I..." he trailed off, fiddling with the weapon in his hand. Looking at it made me feel...unnerving, for some reason. I mean, it was just a kitchen knife...right? Surely it wasn't anything else. But Rebecca gave it, and she had a different aura to mortals. I could somehow tell. I wasn't sure if she was hiding, or had amnesia, or just didn't know.

"I honestly don't know," the boy admitted. Gasps sounded all around me, but all I could focus on was the golden-eyed boy. "I followed my instincts. As you can see, I've brought nothing but the knife"—he gestured to it—"and myself. But see, there's a camp right there, should be supplies, eh?"

"You can see that?" Zeus shrieked. "Has the Mist finally fallen? I just saw Hecate at the school a few days ago! She's doing fine! If the mere mortal can see Camp Half-Blood, then where will we stay to stop our destiny?" He stopped and turned to all of us, and we all openly gasped at him.

"Jeebus, you're stupid, Zeus." Hera sighed into her hands. Yes, she literally buried her face into her palms. "Didn't Percy and Annabeth announce at our school that they removed the Mist and that the mortals should learn how to defend themselves?" My sister said while making exaggerated movements.

Apollo shook his head. "That's not what's important right now," he commented softly. "Roth, you aren't a normal mortal, aren't you? Khione held the blessing of Ullr, and according to Athena, only a Norse descendant can defeat the Norse-blessed. Unless the so-called goddess of wisdom gave us wrong information..."