Ch. 22 - Back To The Beach

Sorry for the late update, I can't really update once a week like I used to. Might be once a month (hopefully not though) Chapter sucks but I managed to get it out, sorry again y'all and thanks for staying

All that is left of the original spawns,
Traveler's wish and thy forgiven love's run.
Though committed sins to worse of law's cell,
Better latter to former to retrieve the shell.
As worthy of two guide left of four,
May they live forever once more.

3rd Person POV (cuz idk who's POV I should put)

The group of former immortals and a magician went out of the Brooklyn Mansion. Sadie escorted them outside while Carter had gave them his goodbye earlier, because he had trainees to look after.

"I guess this is the end of our meet," the caramel-haired magician said. She mock-bowed to all of them, and smiled mischievously, as if she knew something the others didn't. "I bid you goodbye, and good luck on your journey. I trust that with Rebecca on your side, you won't fail."

"You put too much hope in me," Rebecca half-fretted, half-grumbled, although a tiny smile spread across her face. "I've only just learned that I'm a magician."

Sadie shook her head, as if what Rebecca just said was nonsense. "You're a natural! I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway, if you guys ever need help, I'm always available on phone." She waved the device in the air.

"You might be, but we have the scent of a demigod," Demeter pointed out. "With the exception of Hestia and Aphrodite, of course."

Sadie smacked her face. "I totally didn't think of that. Carter must be rubbing off of me," she muttered. "So now what? I can't exactly do the same thing we did with Percy...that was a one-time thing."

Hermes sighed, causing everyone to turn to him. Sadie was still shaking her head in embarrassment. "I...I think I might be able to do something about it. Since I was, you know, the god of travelers. I might've learned a trick or two, but maybe it won't work. It might, though."

(I'm totally bluffing, I don't know anything about that)

Sadie turned to look at him, suddenly interested. "Go on," she replied with interest.

He waved his hand back and forth, as if trying to swat a fly. An orange light blinked slightly, and he closed both hands into position of which you'd put in a prayer. A moment later, an iPhone flashed in between his palms. He opened his eyes and nodded in appreciation.

The crowd watched as Hermes did his thing. He tapped a few things on the screen then turned it off. He placed it in his palm and used his other hand to channel energy (as it seemed). Orange sparkles surrounded the device then disappeared a short while after. Though the process seemed little, Hermes was left sweating.

"If it worked, no monsters should come, but I doubt that..." Right after those words left his mouth, two (I almost wrote hilichurls what is wrong with me-) dracaena popped out of nowhere. Thankfully, Rebecca was prepared and shot one of them with a blast of light. Poseidon raised his hand and carried both of them away with a single wave.

Hermes sighed once again. "Yep, didn't work. As expected."

He reached over to throw the phone away. But before he could do so, Sadie called out, "Wait."

"Yes?"

"Maybe it just needs a little push of Greek stuff." Sadie frowned as she tried to think of an example, then snapped her fingers. "Y'know, like the Greek magic that made Percy's pen grow into a sword and made it return to his pocket?"