Chapter 22 - Chance

Wendy's POV

"You know, there's plenty of fish in the sea. There's always this guy that loves you.." I say, after we break up from the hug. I'm giving clues to her because she doesn't know who's in front of her. He was always the one who's there for her and loves her with all his might and she doesn't even know it, yet.

"So you're saying that I should get a fish to keep me company?" She joked and no, it's not even funny but I still laughed. That's what I love about our friendship. We always laugh even at the most irrational and nonsense things.

"No!" I blurted and still laughing.

"Yeah. I'm just kidding. And who is this guy, by the way?" She asked clueless about the guy I'm talking about. Man! It's so obvious he likes my best friend and yet she doesn't notice a thing. I guess she's oblivious.

"Trust me, you already know this guy." I say as she raised her eyebrow looking happy yet confused at the same time.

"Who is he?" She asked and I chuckled before confessing who he is.

"It's Lee."

"Say what now?" She practically screamed at the top of her lungs. She was really shocked and at the top of the scale on how she would react.

"Yes!" I shook my head and giggled to the look of her confused face.

"I can't believe it. I mean he always helps me when I needed it and he is always the one I could truly count on but I considered him as one of my best friends. I just can't believe he likes me." She says after a few seconds of thinking. She stopped her confusion and replaced it with a wide smile. I guess she feels something for him too.

"So why don't you give him a chance."

"Yeah." She nodded then continued.

"I'll give him a chance."

_________________________________

Dipper's POV

I decided to not join Mabel for today's adventure because she might ruin the mood. I'm just so happy that I won't let anyone ruin it.

I walked to the circle park because I just want to be alone for a while before setting off. Turns out I'm not actually alone.

It's Robbie.

I saw Robbie sitting like a punk he is and I'll take my chances to run away. I don't want any trouble especially after the most perfect date ever.

"Dipper!" He says as he runs towards me and held my shirt forcefully. I can't run away. I'm totally useless at the moment.

"Look Wendy is mine and I can't let her get away from me. I had no servants because of you."

"What do you mean?" I say, looking awfully scared.

"The stupid gang members are my servants. I bully them if they don't follow my orders." He say and I frowned in hatred and disgust. What a terrible doing.

"You're horrible and you don't deserve Wendy." I say, being brave but deep down, I'm scared to the bone.

"Oh really?" He say and unexpectedly he formed his hands to a fist and beats down my stomach.

I had no chance to fight back.