Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth

Hardin's POV

"Great, let's go." I jumped up noisily and dragged her out, carrying both our school bags, earning whispers and shouts from the crowd of students behind us. I was so happy she had agreed.

"You brought me to a love park?" her voice obviously disgusted.

"No, there's a special place I booked for us." I dragged her to deserted place. I decorated the little spot with little lights, I put a carpet with a flower vase in the middle, there were tulips inside... yellow tulips, I heard she loved them. It had a nice view of the sea.

"When did you plan this?" She asked still taking in the scenery.

"This morning, I woke really early to do it." I actually couldn't sleep thinking about what to do for her, I'd hurt her badly.

"It's beautiful but what's the occasion?" I was really nervous, I planned my speech all morning. If only she knew the breaths, I've been taking were out of lack of sleep.

"I want you to be my girlfriend." I blurted and released a breath I hadn't known I was holding.

"What?" A huge smile played on her face.

"I want you Rye Vander Waal... to be my girlfriend." I repeated.

"Ye...yes." She said and I went to open my school and brought out something then I threw it aside. "You got me a ring, but we are too young." I grinned amused.

"No, it's a promise ring." I was still smiling. "Rye, I want you to promise me that whatever happens or whatever you hear from today, you will still have the same real and strong feelings you have for me now." I've done things that I wasn't proud of and I knew sooner or later. "Promise me Rye." I urged her on.

"What's wrong Hardin, why do you sound scared?" If only she knew.

"Promise me please." I urged.

"Fine, I promise. But what's wrong, why are you so cold and pale?" I looked up but she wasn't looking at me. She was staring right at my school bag. "What is that?" I snapped my head to where she was looking.

"What?" I tried to sound oblivious.

"That paper in your bag?" she pointed to it.

"It's nothing, let's get back to school." I tried to pull her, but she yanked her hand away and ran to the bag. I watched in horror as she picked it up and I almost collapsed.

"What is this?" She looked horrified. "You are a ......" She burst into tears, I knew she would find out someday.

"I can explain..." I couldn't explain, I didn't know what to say.

"How could you Hardin and you still had the nerve to ask me out today?" I was awestruck. I ran to her side and put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't you dare lay that hand on me." She ordered my eyes fell as she sobbed.

"I ...was... forced, I really didn't mean..." she raised her hand.

"Save it." she scooped up her bag and left in tears. I was so scared and in pain too, she was right, even though I was forced...I shouldn't have done those things to her.

I was a monkey and nothing could change that now, I wish I could have done things differently. Now the only thing I could change was the master plan against her and her family.

~*~

School was the last place I wanted to be right now, I drove off to my boss's place.

"Where is my brother?" I demanded.

"Have you delivered the message I asked you to deliver?" he asked me ignoring my question.

"Why would I, when you keep lying to me about your promise." I spat.

"Mind your tone... I have a better plan for you Hardin." He cackled. "Grab him!" I glared at him.

"I never should have trusted you." He cackled.

"That's right and I'm sure your little girlfriend would never watch you die just like that." I was confused.

"You planned this?" I was still struggling from his goons' grip.

"Of course, well it was since you were disappearing without a trace. I figured you would betray me, I mean you love that girl. So I found out your plan to make her your girlfriend and... here we are." He grinned. "Lock him up... let the fun beginning." I was still struggling.

"You'll pay for this!" I exclaimed.

** Hey, it's me Madonna... so I want you guys to imagine a blackout after this scene. Just for fun**

I sat in the room where they had locked me up. I deserved this, every single bit of it, I only wanted to save my brother... we'd been looking for him for years now and when I heard someone had him, I was so happy. But I should have gone about it a different way. Now it has amounted to this. I killed people and i hated myself for it, I do not deserve to be her boyfriend.

No! I had to find my way out of here, Rye can't die for my mistake. I just hoped she would forgive me one day; I wondered how she was doing right now. She wasn't the crying type but when she did, it was like her heart would crawl out at any time. The only thing I can say for myself is that I'm a jerk.