CHAPTER FIVE: THE PARTY

"Should I wear casual casual, or sexy casual?" Safra asked ransacking my closets.

"Any Safy. Why are you even stressing, you and I always go to events, why is this so important?" I asked. She had never been this serious about dressing up for a party before.

"Don't make fun of me." I crossed my heart and did a sign we used to use for secret telling when we were young. "It's the first school party, Paul and I are going for together since Camp Wood General." Our former school. "And I want it to be special." She said with a sigh. I stifled a laugh.

"Let's get changing." I said enthusiastically to change her mood. She grinned and in thirty minutes, we found the clothes.

She picked a mini skirt, a tuck-in shirt and s denim jacket. She loved high sneakers. I chose a crazy pencil jean, with knot shirt. With my McQueen sneakers. We did a light makeup, cause fo' sure, I was gonna drink.

Paul was turning seventeen in a week and my dad had already bought him a car. So we went downstairs to meet him.

"Thanks dad for allowing us." I said hugging him and giving him a quick peck on the cheeks.

"No problem dear. You've proven multiple times before that you can control yourself and alcohol. That's why I got the car, cause' you will drive back today, I'm sure of it." He said. It was true, I didn't see any reason why I would become a drunk teenager. Too many things happen in that state, cause' it is your most honest state.

"Bye dad."

"Bye Ricardo." Safra said.

It took about 20 minutes to get to the party's location. Luckily the party was being thrown by one of Paul's school friends. The music was blaring out. I hated it.

Paul and Safra left to find out where the party would take them. As a normal teenager, I should be stopping my brother and best friend from being together, but nope. Being normal was boring. A group of people sat around a chair, they were playing...spin the bottle. Yes, definitely spin the bottle. I ordered a shot of tequila and quietly gulped it down. I ordered another.

"Hey new girl, come join us." I turned to look at who was foolish enough to think I would join their pity party. I ignored them but noticed they were playing truth or dare. "Don't be scared. It doesn't bite." I scoffed loudly.

"Just because I don't join your petty cliques, doesn't mean I am afraid of a little truth or dare." I said gulping down my 5th shot of alcohol. It had little effect on me. There were whistling sounds coming. The dude glared at me. At Camp Wood, I was the queen of dares, I never missed one. But I wasn't familiar with anyone here.

"Then prove it." He said making it sound personal. Thank God I wasn't a hormonal teenager, this night would go really bad, if I was. I sat at the edge of the chair and crossed my legs.

"Truth or dare." A girl asked. I gulped the 7th shot, some of them were surprised how unfazed I was after 7 shots. I smirked.

"Dare." I said cross-armed.

"I dare you to..." she seemed intimidated by my calm but dominating demeanor.

"Drink a whole bottle of vodka." Someone completed for her.

"Oh no, I don't drink vodka, but tequila raises my spirit. That or nothing else." They whispered and agreed. I ordered a bottle and drank it down. I felt a little dizzy but not enough for a drunk to come do anything to me without me ripping out his hands. Cheers and whistles filled the area.

"Truth or dare?" I asked, a mischievous grin playing on my face.

"Dare." The angry dude from before answered.

"I dare to kneel down with your hands behind your head, and say 'Rye Vander Waal is not an ordinary fucked up girl to be messed with. Next time I bloody do anything to annoy her, ill regret the outcome.' Chop, chop." I stood.

"No way, I'm gonna do that shit." He spat.

"Fine, then choose between. Carrying my books around and being my personal chauffeur or me beating the fuck out of you." I said.

"You couldn't topple me if you tri..." I summersaulted kicking him in the shin. He fell back hitting his back against the counter. I swung under him using my right leg to topple him over before dashing him an upper cut.

"You were saying?" I smirked and left to look for Paul and Safra.

"Enjoying the party?" Hardin!

"For some reason, It's not so bad." I replied replaying my victory getaway.

"Is it the same reason Sam is bleeding and limping?" How did he know? "Don't worry he's a jerk, doesn't respect girls much." He said as if reading my thoughts.

I scoffed.

"Drink, heard you love tequila? On me." He said grabbing my hand before I could object.

"You know for a girl you sure know how to handle your booze."

"I'll take that as a compliment." I said taking a glass.

"It is." He replied. I had to be careful, one more glass and I'm gone.

We talked and laughed. He was fun, when he wasn't prying too much and asking questions.

** ** **

I didn't know how much time had passed but everywhere was slowly becoming quiet and I was dizzy. Oh no! There were two more glasses, I finished another bottle. I was walking but I didn't know where to, I entered an empty room.

It was spacious, blue, pale blue. King sized bed and a shelf. It was practically empty. I plopped onto the bed before I could take in more of the room.

The door opened, Hardin entered.

"What are you doing in my room?" he sounded angry. His room, the scent. It was strongly here.

"Your..." hiccup "room?" I said barely a whisper.

"You are drunk, looks like three bottles are your limit." Three bottles, I'm so dead. My head hurt. He came towards me trying to pick me up. His eyes again, this time, his cologne added to the trance. I hated those type of thoughts. A boy has never made me feel this way.

My heart has never betrayed me before but it finally did when I...

"You have beautiful eyes..." I kissed him.