Chpater 7

(The Next Day)

Eliza calls from me at the bottom of the stairs as she announces, she's going in the carriage. Today we finally go to our parents' house for the summer, I would have gone 2 days ago, but Eliza didn't except for me to come early.

We plan to meet Margarita there, however, we both knew she would arrive till 3 days later. We love our youngest sister even if she is not the best at punctuality.

As I head down the stairs with luggage in hand, I stop and stare. I can't wait to leave this place. With that I meet Eliza and her children in the coach. Alexander comes by and waves at us as we leave. "BYE DADDY" yell Phillip and Angie. Eliza gives him a sweet wave and smile. Their youngest giggles while trying to grab my sister's ribbon. "DONT DO ANYTHING MORONIC" I scream as he becomes smaller in view; but close out of earshot I could hear him curse at me. For the rest of the ride, Eliza keeps asking about London and my household. "It's good in London, can be cold at some points, but overall tolerable..."

(*At their friggin large house*)

I gaze at my childhood home from the pathway leading towards the front door. Pip races and knocks on the door, it swings open; and out appears a figure who has a stern composure, while sticking their hands inside pockets.

It must be my father.

"Oh! If it isn't the person who stole my name!" He gives Pip a hug and makes him laugh in the process. Angie waves to her grandfather and chases Phillip inside. "My dear Elizabeth! How are you?" "I'm fine dad" he gives her a warm smile and leads her into the doorway like a usher at a theatre. She giggles at our father's antics and walks inside.

"Angelica, my eldest..."

"Father, my oldest..."

He gives me an annoyed look and unwillingly leads towards the inside.

I wonder who the favorite is...

Our mother (Catherine) appears from the kitchen as she sees us walk in. "Eliza! Angelica! I'm so happy to see— Wait where's Margarita?" "You should know by now mother..." She looks at me confused as if I was hinting something awful had happened, "What Angelica means is that Peggy is not the greatest at showing up on time." She calms herself and hugs us both.

We head to our old rooms and unpack for the next 3 months. I step inside and memories overwhelm me. I sit on my bed and remember all the good...and all the bad.
+++++++++++

"Angelica!" "Yes, Peggy?" She looked at me with a pouty face and hands placed on her hips. "What are we supposed to do while dad is in a meeting and mom is at the store?" She's on the verge of crying, and I have no idea what to do! I tell her to calm down, and ask Eliza to watch her. I ran upstairs and grab a book and a toy. When I come back down, Eliza is there trying to calm down an extremely tearful Margarita. "Peggy! Don't worry look we can read!" She looks at me as if I'm insane, "BOOKS ARE ATROCIOUS!"

She spoke well for a 6 year old.

After two hours of trying to make her happy, Eliza and I finally collapsed. Peggy wailed at the top of her lungs, while tears trailed down her cheeks like a waterfall. Eliza then starts crying because there was no hope in getting her to stop. In a moment of vulnerability, I too start crying my eyes out.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!?!" Our mother rushed in and immediately questions our crying, snotty faces. Eliza tried to explain our unfortunate composure, but gasps after every word. She sort of understands Eliza's words, and tells us to follow her to the kitchen. We've stop crying but were still gasping and sniffling. She hands all three of us tissues to wipe our noses and from there on made us laugh until father's meeting was done.

+++++++++++

I miss when we were younger...

I head downstairs and see Eliza dawdling with her children. She gives me a smile as I pass her and head outside.

I see my mother stare at her garden probably wondering, what's wrong with it...

"You can't sneak up on me, Angelica." " I wasn't trying to, but hello." She gives me a wave and I continue my round around the house. I pass my father and ignore his presence, he does the same and we don't acknowledge anything because there is nothing worth talking about. I stare at the walls and feel the textures alongside of them. I haven't been here in so long, this place feels strange.

Night places a blanket over day and our summer officially begins.