Chapter 17 {🙃}

This chapter doesn't have smüt per say, but definitely a lottttt of flirting and awkward 's3xual' tension.

What to do? WHAT TO DO?!

"Oh that thing? It's just a silly little note I wrote."

"A note? That's it... if was a note why isn't it in your room and therefore why is it here?"

I don't know how to answer that—

"..."

"Were you planning to throw it away?" He looks at the note, probably pondering what it could possibly be in is head.

"Is it a secret letter?" He held the paper in his hand as he was basically about to open it and read it aloud.

"HEY! WAIT—HOLD ON!"

I run to him trying to grab the note from him, but him being...HIMSELF, he teases me with it by holding it above me, a bit out of my arm's reach. He's only 3 inches taller than me, but somehow can still do this. 😤

In a singsongy voice goes further and says, "🎵 Just tell me what it is Angelica 🎵"

(I don't think you understand how fast my heart is beating in straight terror if he reads this) It wouldn't be bad if he read it, yet I don't think I want to tell him anyway.

Especially if he asks why I did it. I could lie, but I feel like he knows when I'm lying.

But if I do things might not go well. I remember Eliza telling me that he almost shot a general(!!) if his friend John Laurens didn't step in instead,  just for mouthing off about George Washington!

Imagine what he'll do to my husband if he finds out what he does? I don't need another (possible) death on my hands and Alex certainly doesn't need a body on his political record.

As I'm thinking of an idea, he cuts me off with:"Angelica, if you don't want me to read it, it's okay I won't read it." I sigh a breath of reli— "Just tell me what it is." I let out a stressful huff and turn around, so I can think better.

What to do? What to do? I just have to make him drop his arm or the paper...hmm—wait did he just?

Now I wish I hadn't turned around. But Alexander just put his arms around my waist and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

"Alexander you can't...we can't be—"

"I know Angelica. But I think I figured the note out."

"Y-You read it?!"

"No, I just know what it is...

It's a letter to me."

This conceited man.🤦

"It's not for you! And why would it be a letter to you? My whole life doesn't just involve you."

"It's not impossible that it's for me. I've seen what you write to me and I know you that too~" As he said that he slowly pulls me in me closer to him or he's pulling himself to me. EITHER WAY I DONT THINK THIS IS RIGHT!

"I just write back in politeness."

I know that's not true, but I really can't think about what to say in this type of situation.

He places his chin on my shoulder than proceeds to say:
"Politeness? Okay then I'll stop writing to you.

If that's what you want...Angel~"

Angel?! I don't...hate it, but now is definitely not the time. When he said this his arms squeezed my waist gently and his breath crept up my neck. Whatever he is doing it's almost working; I don't understand how he does it, but he makes me want to tell him everything while staying, no, being with him. I want to confide in him truly, with no secrets, no moving around in the dark when Eliza isn't looking, no having to push him away when I only want to pull him closer. NO ANYTHING! Just us...together, satisfied.
Jesus Christ what am I saying?! Not these thoughts again.

I manage to shake off his arms, move, and proceed to think again, unbothered.

I just need a plan that will make stop holding the paper. I turn facing towards him and he's holding the paper once again above my arm's length as he tries to make sure I just don't jump at him or something.

He only needs to lose focus and what's something that makes him lose focus?

Wait! I think I know...

"Angelica, you know you can tell me anything."
He sounds so concerned and desperate but nevertheless he is not allowed to know!

I take a sigh, gain my composure back, and start my plan(?) .

"Why should I tell you anything? I bet you don't tell me everything you write or do..."

God I hope this works because my dignity is on the line. 🙃

I get closer to Alexander until we're close enough just like last time he confronted me and in his ear I whisper: "And I know you don't tell Eliza everything we do..."

Then I proceed to do something I will not be telling the general public (nor you guys).

It did work however, and he drop his arm and I took the paper from his loosely-gripped hand. When I took a couple of steps back, I could see his face flustering and turning redder by the second. He tries to shrug it off, but I don't think he can.

I think I broke Alexander— w o o p s i e.

I head (and I mean sprint) upstairs, but while on the stairwell I look back towards Alexander and

Yep.

He stood in the same spot I left him just turned around. He is trying to think of something to say or give any type of satire remark back. He opens his mouth to speak, yet nothing comes out; but every time he does a try a confusing filled and shocked smile appears. I think he's at a lost for words and I don't think that's common for Alexander Hamilton.

I didn't even think that was possible.

(Alexander's POV)

Did she just? No...but she did! Why?! And how?! But— I can't... I think—I don't know what to think. This entire thing is unfathomable. (Ooh Another big word) Why? Now? Was she? Never mind-

"Angelica, you—

Well!— um...wait."

It was one note, one piece of paper that terrified Angelica if I had read it.

Was it that bad? Does she not trust me? Maybe I did something wrong?

She walks up the steps with a smirk on her face, but a facial expression that seemed relieved...she'll probably thinks she bested me.

But the weird thing is—

She did.

I don't understand what was going through her mind and why she really.... for a simple note she was probably going to throw it away!

I look down for a moment because I need to calm down and breathe. I feel my face is as hot as the sun and I certainly don't have an explanation for it. What she said or did was or something was...I DONT KNOW ITS COMPLICATED!!!!

Once I look up again she's gone. Just like that with no explanation of what happened and I'm sure she won't bring it up again.

I think I'll head back to work now. I need to clear my mind before it starts playing the scenario in a different light.

Too late—

I feel my face getting hot again, so with a swift motion and a walk up the staircase. I head back to my office to try and forget whatever the h_ll just happened.

"Angelica Schuyler, you have me wrapped around your finger...and I love it."

Heyyyyyyyyy guys 🙋‍♀️ I can't believe that I wrote this whole thing in a week (it's like 1250 words) BUT IM GLAD THAT IVE GOTTEN 1k views on this weird story 😃 so thank you very much and I hope you enjoyed this chapter bc I don't know if I can write this fast every again. I would've waited then posted it normally BUT THE 1K JUST MADE ME EXCITED SO HErE YoU gO! And I also appreciate the 16 or 18 votes too 😊 

until next time
~Medicore_Thespian