11.

The day was clear. Any other day like today would be perfect for a picnic in the nearby garden. The birds were chirping outside and a moo from the cow from nearby meadows can be heard once in a while. God couldn't have created a better day. But Sandra wasn't even noticing it, let alone enjoying it. She was preoccupied. And when the brain is busy, it doesn't matter whether you are in the meadows or in freezing cold.

She took her car out and started her journey towards the medical shop. She was on the way thinking how she would extract the information from Brian's uncle when suddenly she stopped the car.

She started blaming herself. How could she be so careless! She was so overpowered with anger that she had missed a major detail in the story Steve told her.

"You remember 4 years back when he and Kyle gave me a small dose of amphetamines for which I was admitted to the hospital because my heart went straight through the roof?"

Steve was hospitalized? Kyle and Brian gave Steve heart attack? When did all this happen? And why did Steve think that she would know about it? She had no idea and now she felt stupid for not asking him at the moment.

Sandra knew she had no other choice but to call Steve now. He seemed to be a better option to know the truth from than Brian. As she was once told:

"If you want to know the truth about someone, that someone should be the last person you should ask."

And right now, she wanted to know the truth about what Brian did. She had to know what had happened to Steve 4 years ago. Why was he given amphetamines? And most importantly why was it hidden from her?

She took out her phone and took a long breath. And then she dialed his number.