1.

It was a dry morning but a usual Grestown weather. There was heat as well as humidity. People could be seen in their tank tops and shorts everywhere. The Sun was brighter than most mornings. It almost seemed as if it was afternoon even though it was hardly 10 am in the morning.

Steve was sitting in his old college canteen. It had been 3 years since he had last been here. It hadn't changed a lot. The tables were still old ones. New graffiti was added on the walls and the dustbins nearby. Steve had chuckled when he saw this. No kind of painting or drawing was allowed when he was in the college. it had been a long time since he ate at these tables. But today wasn't any co-incidence that he was present there. There was a mission he had to complete. A mission that seemed to be impossible to complete in the beginning but he did it anyway. Now, he had to complete the most complex of the part. It didn't matter what would happen to him if he succeeded as long as he did.

Steve opened his phone and his fingers hovered a bit over the call button. He finally decided to call. He silently listened to the caller-tune set by her.

'Hello, Sandra?'

'Yes, who is this?'

'Hey, it's Steve. I hope you remember that I called you to meet. I expect you are reaching the cafeteria.'

'Yeah, I am on my way. Be there in half an hour.'

'Thank you, See you soon!' He hung up the phone with that.

He had planned for this moment for more than a year. He still had half an hour to stop what he was going to put into action. But he can't do that. He had suffered enough, now it's everyone else's turn to suffer. He must not turn from this opportunity now. It was impossible to do this again. There was too much at stake. Last moment jitters were common for everyone but Steve. He wasn't worried about himself but for the other 2 lives which were at stake - none innocent though. He never imagined being like this. He was a happy-go-lucky, funny and compassionate guy. But the people who turned him to this bitter, sour psychopath had to understand what their actions did. Their clocks had started ticking the day they mutilated this genius.

'Sandra. She had so much potential with equally bad choices in life. She could've been a great surgeon or something in a huge hospital but now she lives with her boyfriend who's a mechanic. It is such a shame to see such intelligent people wasting their life, for someone who has no ambition at all,' Steve was wondering, 'Not anymore. Her miseries are going to end. Or at least mine are.'