9.

'Hey, Steve, how are you?' Kyle came sprinting towards him.

It was strange for Steve as him and Kyle was like East and West. Steve was a basketball player and Kyle was a football player. And in the college, both were found as opposites. Football players were given more respect even if they weren't half as good as the basketball players. Also, Steve was the topper of the class whereas Kyle was one of those people who were hardly seen in any lecture. Steve was an introvert and Kyle was a polar opposite. There wasn't one person he hadn't talked to in the first hour of the college.

'I am good. What brings you here, Kyle?' Steve wasn't a fan of Kyle. Almost half of the college was not interested in this spoilt brat. Steve wanted to get to the point as soon as possible and end the conversation.

'I need a favor.' For a person who needed a favor, Kyle didn't seem a least bit pleading. Rather he seemed to be....gloating.

'You want help completing the calculus homework?' Steve wasn't surprised. After all, a simple sum of addition would go over his head.

'Nah, bro! I wanted to talk about Sandra,' Kyle said as he put his hands on Steve's shoulder, ' you two have been so close and everyone knows she rejected you recently. It clearly shows that she is more into a real sportsman than some weird game. No offence to you man. If you ask me, you are an amazing player.'

Steve was wondering multiple things. First, Kyle had never even been to a Basketball court, let alone he knew that Steve was an amazing player. Secondly, why is Sandra telling everyone about his failed proposal? She seemed to have no respect for me. Either way, nothing mattered now and he knew he should just listen to Kyle right away or otherwise he won't stop pestering him.

'What do you need me for Kyle? Go and take your shot with Sandra. I am not her assistant.'

'I just wanted to tell you before I did it as a matter of bro-code.' He winked at Steve.

Steve knew it was just a pathetic attempt to make him feel ashamed and to show him that Kyle was on the higher level than him. At that moment, Steve noticed Kyle put his hands in his pocket and take out something which looked like an Asthma Inhaler.

'Don't you play Football? Does the school know about this, Kyle?'

Kyle suddenly became aggressive. He had kept this a secret for a long time and he was really proud of his football skill. He didn't want anyone to know about his weakness.

'You dare tell anyone and you won't be breathing at all.' Kyle held Steve from his collar and warned him.

'Why would I tell anyone? You go ahead with Sandra. I have got to study. If that's all, I am going to go now. See you, Kyle.' Steve knew it was better not to mess with Kyle as it won't really help anyone.

Who would have thought that one mistake by Kyle would have helped Steve after such a long time!