7.

+

It was Saturday evening. Sandra was a little orthodox when it came to studies. She didn't go out of her house a week before any exams. But Steve was different. After all, he was the most brilliant guy anyone had ever seen. She was quite confused when Steve asked her out for dinner, amidst the mid semester exams.

'Steve is going to top the class again, but I am so scared that I might fail.' She thought. 'And this guy is asking for dinner? This is unbelievable. Does he even care about my studies? If he wasn't my friend, I'd deny him out rightly.'

She walked to the restaurant which was decided. It was the best restaurant which can be found in the city and as the reputation prevailed, it was the most expensive as well. She was scared whether she was dressed right or not. She was wearing a Blue dress which seemed to blend perfectly with her fair skin and it also matched her blue eyes perfectly. When she entered the restaurant, there was no one present around. It was almost vacant and completely lit up with candles.

Steve was already sitting on one of the tables which were located at the corner of the restaurant. He was wearing a tux but without a tie. A tie would've been too much. Besides the situation seemed semi formal and semi casual which made the Tux suit him quite nicely.

'Hi! You look lovely tonight.' Steve exclaimed.

Lovely was not a fair adjective to describe how she looked. It was clear from Steve's eyes that he felt as if he was in the heaven and an angel was standing in front of him. If he had the powers, he would've frozen the time right there and just stared at Sandra for hours.

'Well, Thanks. You don't look bad either,' Sandra replied, 'Now, tell me what's so urgent that you had to call me here in the middle of exams? Is there any good news?'

'I don't know yet. I didn't actually think the exams were going to be a problem. But that's quite selfish of me. I am sorry.' He apologized sincerely.

'It's okay. So, now, will you tell me what's up?' Sandra asked confused, 'And why is there no one else in the restaurant except us?'

'What's the hurry? Let's order some food first.' And Steve clapped. A waiter came and took their orders.

Sandra ordered Mushroom Ravioli whereas Steve ordered his favorite Mexican Sizzlers. The food came very quickly. Sandra was impressed with the fast service. What she was unaware of was that Steve knew what she would order and had already told them to prepare it way earlier. It was turning out to be a quite pleasant evening. Steve's heart was racing. They were having dessert now. And now was the perfect time to pop the question when Sandra was sipping on her hot chocolate.

'So Sandra, I've been thinking of asking this to you since the day we met. I booked the whole restaurant for us to be alone. It is a quite special night for me'

'Yes?' She replied a bit confused.

'You and I have been really good friends for almost a year now and I definitely see that our chemistry is great. Don't you agree?'

'Yeah, I guess so. Steve, where are you going with this?'

'Sandra, so will you make me the luckiest man alive and be my girlfriend?'

Her jaw dropped. She had never wondered if she'd have a boyfriend. She liked some people now and then but it was nothing serious. She was totally dumbstruck. There were definitely rumors that Steve liked her but she always laughed it off thinking everyone were just messing around with them just because they were always together. Now everything made sense to her.

'Sandra, are you still here? I don't know what to expect but I think any kind of reply will do.' Steve was embarrassed. He either expected a joyous yes and a hug or a sudden no and her storming out.

'Steve, I need time to think about this. My exams are going on and so are yours. I think we should both focus and concentrate on them right now. Sorry, I got to go now,' Sandra said without even looking at Steve, 'It's late. Thank you for this wonderful evening. Good night, Steve. Bye.' She just stood up from her chair and went away. Steve waited for her to at least turn once and acknowledge him but she never did.