Chapter 29

It was Thursday afternoon currently. Three days had passed since Kaiyo's encounter with Yata and the two red members.

The school bell rang throughout the whole school buildings, signalling the start of lunch break before the last two classes in the afternoon.

Kaiyo stared blankly at the open textbook on her table. She had been thinking and had an idea. She had her left hand cupped over her left ear. Her head was thinking of something as she had a disturbed look on her face, paying no attention to most of the class she had in the morning.

Her class that had just ended was the mathematical class. The numbers and letters printed on the paper looked nothing like it was itself. They danced in her vision, making her mind whirl and a headache kissing her head.

A hand on her shoulder made her flinch. Her body tensed and her shoulder shook from the surprise.

"Are you okay Kai-chan?" A familiar voice filtered into her ears, bringing her out from her plagued thoughts. "You looked out of it since morning." Kaiyo turned her head to see Sakura standing by her side with her hand on her shoulder.

Amaro walked over and stood beside Sakura. "Is the cold getting to you?" He asked before looking out of the window. Although it was sunny with the sun at its highest peak—having its sunrays touching every surface of uncovered ground—it was autumn, where the coldness starts to seep in and people would soon be changing over to winter wear and winter season uniforms for colder days.

It was forecasted that winter will come in early this year, so autumn should be ending in two or three weeks more.

Kaiyo dropped her left hand onto the table and shook her head. "No, it's nothing."

Amaro frowned slightly. "Don't lie. We saw how you weren't listening in class. It's not often, no... better yet, you don't do that unless something serious happened."

Sakura nodded her head furiously. Since it was lunch break, Sakura then pulled her chair over to Kaiyo's table. In her hand was her bento lunch box. "Since it's lunch now, let's chat over some food."

Amaro swiftly brought over his chair and bento boxes too.

Sakura helped to pack Kaiyo's desk, keeping her stationaries and books into her bag; allowing them to eat lunch on her desk.

"You guys..."

Sakura had started to eat; opening her bento box and shoving a chopstick of rice. Gulping down her food, she beamed happily. "Yes?"

Kaiyo stared at her expression before sighing and taking out her bento box. "Okay, let's eat."

As they were digging in and talking, Amaro and Sakura realised that Kaiyo was eating slower as the minutes go by. She was quiet and barely listening to their conversations and one of them needed to pull the ravenette out from her thoughts to get her to talk.

"Hey Kai-chan, have you gotten your spectacles made yet?" Sakura asked.

Kaiyo didn't manage to hear her. Sakura called her friend's name again.

Kaiyo blinked her eyes once. "Yes?"

Sakura repeated her question. "Didn't your glasses break a few days ago? Did you get a new one yet?"

"Not yet. I couldn't find the time to drop by the store to get a new one made." Kaiyo replied before her mind drifted off again and the light in her eyes were dim as she stared blankly at her food. Maybe the season was getting to her. She couldn't stop the thoughts that was getting into her head.