Chapter 16

Weeks passed and never did Kaiyo encounter the usual people who had been coming to see her constantly before and speak face to face. She saw them walking down a street before. Totsuka and Yata. They made eye contact with her, but they never approached her. She never saw Anna ever since as well.

Totsuka had withheld the end of his promise.

She didn't long for their appearances. But the sudden total disappearance and physical conversations made her feel as if a piece of something was missing.

--Her emotions were contradicting themselves.

She wanted to return the red marble back as well. To continue holding onto such a precious item when they agreed not to see each other anymore, she felt like she was betraying them.

--It's an ugly feeling.

Breathing out a sigh, Kaiyo let her upper body sink onto her desk. She reared her head away from her arms when she felt the throb of pain when her head leaned onto her left arm. Folding up her blazer and inner white dress shirt's sleeve of her left arm, her eyes stared at the bluish-brown bruise that covered over her skin. As if something had hit her arm forcefully hard.

"Were you hit by something...?" Sakura's voice floated over to her side. Kaiyo tore her eyes away from her arm and moved her head to the side. She met eyes with Sakura.

"Yeah, I was... It was nothing. I stepped on a bottle on the floor and slipped. My arm hit the corner of a table while I was doing so."

--A lie.

Pity crossed Sakura's face and she grasped Kaiyo's uninjured arm. "Come on." She said, pulling the raven head up from her seat and out the classroom.

Kaiyo stumbled for a few steps at the start before she let Sakura drag her to her destination.

"Where are you going?"

"To the infirmary. We are going to get your hand treated with something."

Kaiyo tugged her arm back. "It's fine Sakura. It will heal by itself within a few more days."

"No can do. Just let me do something. I want to help." Sakura didn't let her friend go and her grip only tightened, showing her concern and care for her.

Smiling softly with a slight bitterness to it, Kaiyo gave up and let Sakura be with her decision.

Appearing in the infirmary, she was greeted by the school's nurse. She was appalled by the bruise on Kaiyo's arm when Sakura brought her attention to it. Having her sit on the chair, she went to grab the appropriate items to treat a bruise.

"It's a good thing that there's no open wound. But it is still painful to you right?" The nurse asked, "Is it causing you any discomfort?"

Kaiyo shook her head. "Not really. It only hurts when I apply pressure on it."

"It's good that it's not causing you discomfort." She said, inspecting the bruise. "Well, the blood is starting to seep back into the body, so that's a good thing." Taking a small bottle, she squeezed out a fair amount of cream onto her hand. "I will be giving you some vitamin K cream." She applied the cream on her arm, lightly and gently wiping the white substance on her bruise. "And I recommend that you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. The vitamin C in them has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to promote healing." She further explained.

"I understand." Kaiyo nodded her head.

"Umu!" Closing the bottle's cap, she gave the bottle to the ravenette. "Here. This is for yours to keep. Take care of yourself in the future."