Chapter 19

A/N: It's been hectic and all, and I'm here flipping tables left and right. It just doesn't set the mood and confidence to write... Haiz

Hope this chapter will give you a reprieve from the current situation around you :) If you're sick, especially with a fever, do see a doctor asap.

.

.

"I'm sorry... It's all my fault." Totsuka apologised. He was currently sitting on one of the couches opposite of the one Mikoto was sitting upon. He watched as his members were doing something to help in the investigation, finding where Anna and Kaiyo had been taken to.

Guilt ate at him more when he remembered that he was there with the two females but were unable to prevent the kidnapping from happening.

He was there. But they fell right into their hands. So so easily...

"It isn't your fault," Mikoto answered. Totsuka looked up from the floor and saw his King helping in the investigation by glancing through a few pieces of papers he was given. "You're an honourable member of the clan. Do not think lightly of yourself."

"King..." Totsuka held out his uninjured right arm. His left was in a makeshift cast using a bandage. "If only I was stronger... If only I was... If only my ability was stronger in terms of attacking..." He trailed off.

"Your power, your abilities, aren't useless." Mikoto lifted his eyes off from the papers in his hands and stared seriously at him. "They are important too. They are needed in some areas that aren't our expertise."

Totsuka stared right back, not knowing what to say. His heart swelled from his compliments, but the guilt and worry overrode them. His head drooped downwards.

"I..." Words trailing, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Lifting his head up and looking over his shoulder, Kusanagi came into his view.

"King is right. It isn't your fault." Kusanagi spoke, "You shouldn't degrade yourself. There are some things that your ability can do that ours couldn't. So hold your head higher."

"But—"

"You were outnumbered. Our enemies are just underlying cheaters who fight with big numbers." Kusanagi put out a few pieces of paper in front of Totsuka's face. With an encouraging smile, he said, "Stop dissing yourself. You may have a slightly fractured arm but you still have another one to do some work yeah? I will work you to the bones my friend. Don't come crying to me." He chuckled lightly amidst the situation, wanting to bring up his—Totsuka—mood before he left Totsuka to himself when he grabbed onto the papers.

Staring at the piece of paper, feelings of gratefulness and solace welled up in his chest, tightening over his heart. He couldn't be more than glad that he met these people from teenage and after many hardships of sticking himself with them, he managed to convince them to let him stay and he grew up with them over the years as a member of HOMRA.

He snapped out from reviewing his early memories when he heard a loud slam from behind him. Turning his head, he saw Kusanagi typing rigorously on his laptop.

"I got the signal!" He exclaimed with much vigour.

Totsuka, "Signal?"

"I called Kaiyo's phone. Although no one picked up, it was ringing, so I had someone trace it for me while I was calling other contacts. I got the coordinates from him and," typing on his keyboard and pressing upon the 'Enter' button, his laptop made a 'ping' sound and a solid defined red pin was marked on the built-in map application he had opened, "this is the location the phone is at."