Chapter 41

'I changed and started heading over with heartfelt determination... But how will I start explaining... about all these and that?' Kaiyo thought in her head. After settling her muddled thoughts and whirlpool emotions, she came to realisation that she couldn't just appear and said she's affiliated to both sides. Her head will be removed from her neck first. No, from Mikoto and Genji's perspectives, she would be burnt alive, or have a bullet in her brain. For the two of them, it would be first come first serve for her neck.

She face-palmed herself. 'I should have thought this through first!' She fretted.

'Let's go with the flow first. I will figure this out when I get there!'

As if the gods were saying nothing will go easy in her path and only hardships stay, she didn't notice where she was walking and walked into light post head-first. A loud bang sound echoed in the quiet street.

A constant tapping on a table sounded in a room

A constant tapping on a table sounded in a room. With their legs crossed and body leaning back on the back rest of the chair they were sitting on, their eyes stared at the person sitting across him who was looking at the people in the room, eyes constantly shaking but there was a harsh glare hidden behind it.

The agitated person eyed the opened door of the room but knew he wouldn't be able to escape. If he did, who knows what will happen to him. His eyes glanced to the back the room over his shoulder; seeing the tied-up male sitting slumped over a chair with bloodied clothes. If he wasn't able to see the guy's shoulders moving from his breathing, he would have thought he was dead. His eyes moved to the door again, staring at the guard standing beside it.

The tapping stopped and a cold voice spoke. "Planning to run Lil' Red?"

The person tensed at his voice. He took in a breath and replied, "My name's not little red."

"Hmn. What was your name again? Was it Yato? Yoto? Yota?"

"... Yata. Just Yata."

"Ah right, Yata-san."

Yata bit the inside of his cheek. He set his eyes on the table in front of him. Truthfully, he did not want to look at the person sitting opposite him. He doesn't even want to be in the same room as him.

--His gaze was bone-chilling.

"Worried for your friend?"

"... No."

"I'm sure you are. You looked back with a worried look on your face. Want to treat him?"

Yata almost choked on his saliva. "... It was his own karma that he became like that."

"Hmmn," the guy hummed, as if amused. The tapping on the table with his finger continued. As each tapping sounded out, Yata was feeling even more anxious. The anxiety and fear were crippling him from inside out. He thought they would do something to him like they did to the other, but they not only not tie him up, but they also treated him well with food and water. On the other hand, the other person got beaten up and left to the side without his injuries getting treatment.