Chapter 15: Grifball

AN: Shorter Chapter Today

"Alight, that should do it for the warthog." I say as I finish repairing the engine. 

"Good. We need that up and operational." Carter said. "Cat, hows the relay coming?" 

"Very slowly." She said. 

"Just give us a holler when it's done. Jun, anything on your end?"

"No, just a few passing pedestrians." He said through coms. 

"Alright. Stay up there for a little while longer, I'll take your place on the roof soon. Everyone else... just entertain yourselves." Carter starts fiddling with his gun after he said this. I start doing some basic tests with the hog, and sure enough, it's in tip top shape. Reha drops in from the rafters. 

"Finally back?" I ask.

"Yes. The teacher asked much about my culture, and the military man had a stone cold evil look on his face." 

"Eh, sounds about right. Anyway, you're probably bored out of your mind around here." 

"That is true." 

"Well, Jorge and Emile are our right now getting some stuff to cure boredom." 

"What could these remedies be?" 

"I think they said they're getting-" 

"We're back!" Emile shouts. 

"I thought they would have killed each other along the way." Reha says.

"I guess I'm a little shocked." 

"We did our best to get the parts together, but it won't be as good as the original, unfortunately." Jorge said. 

"We got Grifball boys!" Emile shouts back. 

"What is that?" 

"Only the greatest pastime for Spartans. Come on, we need a place to set this up." We clear out some random junk and realize we don't have nearly enough room for it. 

"That's a problem." Carter said. 

"Look, I need to get back to school. I think I might be able to figure something out with Ozpin." 

"Alright, good luck." 

The Next Day at School

"I'll do it." Mercury said after the smack down that Pyrrha put on CRDL. 

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Goodwitch said.

"Actually, I want to fight... him." He points to me. 

"I would suggest you perhaps find a new opponent." 

"No, I think I can take him." He said. I sighed and stood up. I cocked my magnum and walked on stage, and Mercury took a bit to prepare in the locker room. After he gets out, our bout begins. Let's see how these new dust bullets work. I have some regular fire bullets loaded, so I shoot in front of Mercury, a poof of fire erupted from where I shot. I smirk under my helmet and run forward. I grab Mercury's leg after he tries to roundhouse my head, and I throw his leg up, but he spins and lands on his feet. He starts jabbing the air with his ankle gun, shooting multiple bullets at me. My shields take the blows, and they regenerate. Strangely, he smirks. Mercury charges forward again, drop kicking me and taking my shields out. He fires again, and now my aura takes the hit. I fire more fire rounds at him, and with a combination of rolls and jumps, and I let the empty clip hit the floor. I load in hard-light bullets in, which Cat helped out with. I charge forward, and Mercury throws out a spinning kick. I catch his leg and throw him to the ground, shooting him. I only pulled the trigger once, but two separate bullets hit his chest. He kicks me off and I back up. My shields generate again. This pisses Mercury off, and he comes at me full force. He tries kicking out my ankle, but he might as well have kicked a tree. I stare him down as I put two more bullets in him, and again, four blows hit him. I grab him by his shirt as he stumbles back and lift him up, throwing him to the ground, putting him in the red. He grunts and stands up, dusting himself off. I put my magnum on my hip, walking back to my seat.