Chapter 5: The Grim Reaper

The day of my little raid. I'm waiting at the port, fully loaded up. This won't be the first time I've done this. I've made entire militias distant memories. I should have really kept track of that, something to brag about to Emile. I know I might have lost my friendship with Jorge if I cared, though. I shake the thoughts of my former team from my head as my bullhead lands. I hop in and it takes off quickly. I get a notification on my wrist display, a gift from Kat. I linked it with my scroll. It's from Jaune. I ignore it for now. I do one last check of my weapons, and I spend the rest of my ride sharpening my combat knife and kukri. The pilot contacts me in my helmet. 

"We're here!" He tells me. The door opens and I hop out. I start walking to my objective. It's about a mile away, but I find a truck coming in. I sneak over and hop in the back, slicing the throat of the guard sleeping in the back with the Kukri. I get the free ride up to the gates, where they check the cargo. I hop out and stab the guard through the eye with the combat knife. They open fire, and one of the high ranking members engages me. It's a bear Faunus, who's massive, bigger than me. He takes a war hammer from his back, so I pull MES. He takes a swing for my head, so I dip under and grab him by the throat. I spin around to his back, where I repeatedly shoot him in the back of the head with my magnum. I roll off when his corpse hits the ground, sewering one of the guards and pinning him to the ground. I get up and walk back to cover, letting my damaged shields recharge. 

White Fang Soldier PoV

I rush into the largest tent, catching Adam's attention. 

"Haven't taken care of these intruders?" He said, putting on his mask, back facing me. 

"It's just one guy!" I tell him. 

"Hmph. Interesting." He picks up his sword, putting it on his hip. "I'll deal with him." 

Noble 6 PoV 

I pop out of cover and gun down three more White Fang with my AR, killing them instantly. They all stop shooting. My hub said he's a person of interest. Adam Taurus. I put my rifle on my back. 

"Why do this? We seek justice. Justice your clearly opposed to!" He launches his sword from his sheathe, hitting me in the head. He charges and takes the spinning sword from the air, but I simply catch his downward slash. I can see shock on what face he shows. I take my other hand and lay him out, and he gets up, groaning. He takes his sheathe, shooting the built in shotgun. I roll into cover, sword still in hand. I snap in over my knee. I pull the kukri, charging Adam. He runs out of ammo, so he tosses the sheathe aside. He punches me in the chest, but he grips his hand in pain. I take him by the throat, lifting him into the air. One of his men shoots me, so I throw the kukri into his chest. I throw Adam into his tent, causing it to collapse. I take up my AR once more, gunning down another Fang. I charge the line, wanting to save ammo. I take up MES and enjoy the sadistic pleasure of killing them all. I turn back, dozens of corpses litter the area. I get a new objective on my hud. Secure the package. I turn and see it's in Adam's destroyed tent. I pick up the computer chip... but it really doesn't look like a chip. Kat probably would know what it is. I put in one of my pouches, and I notice Adam is gone. Oh well, he wasn't my objective. I walk to the extraction. I decide to check the message I got from Jaune. 

"Need to tell you something" was his message. I message back. 

"Be back in an hour." I reply after so long. The sun is still in the air as I reach the truck picking me up. I hop in the passenger side, and the driver goes off.

"Well done, Mr. 6." Ozpin said from the back. I jump a little. 

"Thank you, sir. I have the package." I give him the chip, and he puts it up to his scroll. He stares at it for a moment, then a noticeable wave of surprise hits Ozpin.