Chapter 12: Reha 'Sagam

AN: This chapter takes place mostly in the rebellion that was mentioned at the end of the last chapter. I also never mentioned the appearance or rank of Reha 'Sagam, so his rank is Zealot, but he serves as N'thura's lieutenant. Reha wears basic zealot armor with the main color of white, secondary crimson. 

Reha 'Sagam PoV

The hours of sleep come, and I reach my quarters. I take the carbine and energy sword from the storage, and I cut my hand open. I smear my own blood on my helmet, and I walk out after the bleeding stops. A few others walk out with me from different areas, and gunfire is heard through the halls. We were vastly outnumbered by those loyal to N'thura, but we had the element of surprise, so we can hopefully escape with little loss. An unarmed grunt ultra tries attacking me, so I grab him by the head and tear his methane respirator off, leaving him to suffocate as he fumbles with the mask. An Elite minor reaches the end of the hall armed with an energy rifle, so I pull my carbine and kill his with three shots to the head. I step over his corpse and I see a few of my defectors, all with the same marking of blood, wrestling a few jackals to the ground and killing them by stomping their skulls in. The same Elites join up with me, grabbing weapons they find along the way. We have multiple phantoms claimed and loaded with weapons and ordinance, ready to go. I finally encounter some real resistance in the form of multiple armed Elites, but it's quelled by two grenades thrown from the back. I reach the phantoms that are evacuating with my Elites, and I'm about to take a banshee. An explosion from a fuel rod cannon rocks one of the phantoms, but it still escapes the hanger without a problem. I put a bullet in the grunt that carried the fuel rod's head, killing him with an explosion of methane. Soon, more loyal Elites flood out of the entrance to the hanger, all rather raising energy rifles or activating energy swords. I'm totally surrounded by ten Elite minors and an ultra, so I activate my energy sword, and in my offhand, I active the wrist mounted energy dagger. The ultra steps out from the crowd, activating its own energy sword. He charges me alone, so I charge back at him, and we meet in a brief blade lock. I pierce the side of the ultra with my energy dagger, breaking his guard. I finish him by driving my sword up through his chin, killing him instantly. Two of the sword minors charge, and I flip one over my shoulder, parrying and stabbing the other. I place my foot on the minor's skull, crushing it after a scream of pain comes from him. The rest of the Elites raise they're riffles, but two of them are suddenly impaled by blood blades. The two Silent Shadow members turn off their camouflage, sending the remaining minors into a panic. After they're dispatched, I approached the two. 

"Have you forgotten to mark yourselves?" I ask. 

"No, it's to bright." One said. 

"How many of you remained loyal?" 

"None that live." The other said. "It was a mere portion of us, though." 

"We must run with the others, get to the planet of Remnant." 

"As you command, brother." They run behind me, but N'thura stops the three of us. 

"Why have you done this?! Caused bloodshed in civil war!" 

"I do it for justice! Your solution to the demon is terroristic! No honor in your actions!" 

"Honor has never been a concern for a long time. But of course a zealot like you would think as such. And now you'll see the consequences of these actions." Multiple explosions destroy the phantoms that were escaping, this time its the cannons on the fleet ships instead of the mere fuel rods. "You've done this!" He shouts, and the two silent shadow step past me. 

"Go. We shall hold them off." They both charge, and I run past the three fighting. I pass through the halls, and I pass the prison cells, and I see the one filled cell. The silver eyed warrior sulks in the corner, her white hood up and knees to her chest. N'thura has broken the woman, and he finds it an accomplishment. She slowly turns to me, and she quickly turns back when she sees I'm an Elite. The small glimpse of her eyes I saw show her state, empty, hopeless.