Chapter 3: First Impressions

"Monsters! Demons! Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey!" Professor Port boasted, laughing afterward. So he's one of these guys. Kinda reminds me of a very cocky, shorter, and fatter version of Emile. He then makes that into a transition into a story from his childhood, right after he attempted to flirt with Yang, that is. I've tuned out at this point. "A true huntsman must be honorable! A true huntsman must be dependable! A true huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?!"

"I do sir!" Weiss yells, raising her hand. I also raise my hand. 

"And I believe I do as well. And I'm willing to show you." 

"My my! You're like a young me, Noble! Grab your weapons and we'll find out!" I stand up and walk down to him. 

"I don't need them." 

"Maybe a little cocky..." 

"You say it like your not." The class lets out a collective 'oo.' He scoffs at the class turning on him. 

"Very well." He brings out a cart that contains a Boarbatusk. He used his axe to break the lock, and the creature charges. I wait for it to get a foot away. I then step forward and grab the Grimm by one of its tusks. I lift it up, and it's squirming as it's in hanging in the air. I bash it into the ground and the floor cracks, and the Boarbatusk fades to nothing. I walk back to my seat and sit down. Special reinforced seats where put where I sat. Everyone just stares at me, completely in awe. Port clears his throat. "Why are you even in school! Your already ready to fight!" 

"I aim to please." I turn back and see Weiss is currently fuming in anger. 

"I could do better..." She comments.

"Whatever you say." I turn back to the lesson. Something tells me I'll be fighting her soon. I just shrug. 

"I have more Grimm if you wish to attempt to top him, M. Schnee." Port said.

"Yes, I would like that." She gets changed and comes back into the room. He rolls out another Boarbatusk and before the fight begins, Ruby cheers her on. 

"Yeah! Represent team RWBY!" 

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Weiss snaps. I turn to Ruby, and she looks a little deflated. Her fight continues and, well, she hasn't exactly topped me whatsoever. 

"Come on Weiss! Show it who's boss!" Weiss glares at Ruby as she said this, and she sulks back even more. This shot at Ruby costed her her weapon, as its flung across stage, Weiss also thrown. I groan at Weiss's snobbishness. She avoids another attack, giving her a window to retrieve the sword. "Go for the belly! There's no armor underneath-" Ruby's advice is cut off by Weiss once more. 

"Stop telling me what to do!" This breaks Ruby, and she looks completely destroyed. The fight continues, and Weiss kills it by following Ruby's advice. Class ends and we leave the room. Ruby tries to confront Weiss, but she only bats Ruby down more. I Ruby's shoulder, startling her. Guess that's what happens when your nearly two feet taller and four times more armored than someone. 

"Did Ozpin make a mistake, Noble?" 

"When Noble team was... still around, Noble 1, Carter, was our leader. He held us together, and he gave up his life for me and 4. He was the best leader anyone could ask for, and I was his lieutenant. He ordered us around, yes, but when he did... it didn't feel like orders. It felt like he was just looking out for us, for the people we protect." 

"Why are you telling me this?" 

"Because when I look at you, I see him. A fearless leader who would give everything for her team."