Ch. 16: Be Prepared

As we glided down to the ground, I looked around at the damaged part of the city we fought in. Hercules still hadn't emerged from the building he was thrown into. Bricks were scattered everywhere at the foot of the edifice. People were running around, screaming their heads off, and on the street cars were bumper to bumper, most likely trying to hurry up and get out of there.

The garbage truck we had thrown the villains into still sat in the same place, but it was in pieces, after the fireworks had exploded out of it. There was no sign from Ursula or Shan-Yu- hopefully they took the hint and realized they were not wanted here.

As for the rest of our group, Perry and Buck had pulled Tiana away from the street, and were busy trying to bring her back to consciousness, without success.

We were just about ready to land next to them when a puff of dark black smoke appeared out of nowhere. Perry and Buck jumped back, and out from the smoke stepped a tall man in a magician's costume- top hat, purple vest, the works. In his right hand he held a staff with a small crystal ball on the top. It was Dr. Faciliar, otherwise referred to as the Shadowman. The villain from The Princess and the Frog. On his shoulder sat Hayubusa, Shan-Yu's right hand bird.

Great, just what we needed. When exactly would this huge battle be over?

Pegasus galloped onto the ground, hooves firmly planted on the concrete. I slipped off and Dodger jumped next to me, growling at the intruder. "Well this just keeps getting better and better." He muttered under his breath.

I didn't respond. This was the first time I've heard him speak since I've seen him, which was only about five minutes ago.

Faciliar pursed his lips at Dodger and I, glancing ad Perry, Buck and Tiana, before smirking and looking back at us.

"I see Ursula and Shan-Yu did a number on your friends. I didn't expect Tiana to be with you, but I'm fairly happy she' knocked out. She was the reason that my plans failed."

I glared at him. This is really the first feeling of bravery I've had since this battle started. Maybe it was the way he condemned Tiana. It stirred up anger inside me that I didn't know I had.

I pointed my staff at the villain. "You know, it was your fault you didn't pay back your debts in the first place."

He chuckled. "Ah yes. Smart boy aren't you? I'm guessing you're Jamie, the boy we've been looking for."

"Wait, you've been looking for me?" I asked, confused.

He grinned. "Yes, we have. Well the Disney Villains have. Some of them, that is. Like me Ursula and Shan-Yu. We've heard that an Earthling has made his way here to the wonderful world of Disney. We figured we could use him for some of our plans. And now that we find him, we find out that he's stronger than he looks."

He leaned on his staff, smirking at us, eyeing me with a look of distaste, as if he knew what I was capable of, but he was trying to formulate a plan on how to trick me into cooperating. In a way, the style in which he tried to get what he wanted was similar to Ursula, and the Wicked Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Their method was temptation. Offering something to the hero that was just a present in disguise. Topped with a really pretty bow. Promising them wealth. Love. But the villains needed something in return. And that something was just an item that strengthen their plan altogether. Disney Villains were known for their evil, their strength, their cunning. But what was most memorable about them was their smarts. In a way, the Disney Villains were smarter then a lot of the Disney Heroes, but in the end, it's always the hero's who win. But if you think about it, the heroes and princesses wouldn't have won in the first place if the villains hadn't made a mistake. Often, it's a poor lack in judgment. Under or overestimating their opponent. It was their biggest flaw.

I continued glaring at the witch doctor. "What kind of plans?"

He laughed. "I don't think it's my place to tell you, boy. But just remember, we aren't done with you and you friends yet. It's only the beginning. We'll leave you for now. But we will be back." He grinned evilly at me and waved his hand. A puff of smoke circled around him. Hayubusa screeched as they were engulfed in the smoke. Smoke also encompassed the garbage truck Ursula and Shan-Yu had been thrown into.

When the smoke was gone, so was the Shadowman. The garbage truck had been automatically fixed. All of the villains were gone.

I looked over at my friends. Tiana was starting to stir. Perry and Buck looked unharmed, despite their stiffness.

Dodger turned to me. "Jamie, huh? I knew I've never seen you before. So you're and Earthling."

I nodded. "Yeah, but it's a long story."

He chuckled. "You can explain it to me as we get you and your friends to Jenny's. I'm sure she and her parents would be more than happy to let you stay there. I'm sure you're not planning on staying here for long. Based on the way your group looks, I'm sure your on some secret quest or something."

I looked to where Faciliar was standing and nodded. "Or something."

A few minutes later, Pegasus took Perry and they rummaged through the rubble of the building Hercules was thrown into. He was unconscious, but thankfully virtually unscathed.

We made our way to Jenny's house, following Dodger's lead, and kept a lookout for more Villains. Thankfully we didn't run into any.

I wouldn't know what to do if we did.