Ch. 38: Today is Gonna' be a Great Day

It wasn't hard to find the Flynn-Fletcher's househould once I actually got to the neighborhood.

Even without following the monorail, I managed to locate the familiar two-story house in which some of television's greatest animated stars lived.

I decided not to knock on the front door, considering most likely Lawrence and Linda Flynn-Fletcher would not be home. So I decided to just welcome myself into the backyard.

Just as I was opening the gate that lead into the family's backyard, I heard a mechanical whir and a bunch of kid's voices talking about how that was so much fun and stuff like that.

I peeked into the backyard. Five kids. There was a short, chunky boy wearing a skull shirt and tan cargo shorts. He was also labeled as the neighborhood bully. Buford van Stomm.

Next to him stood a shorter Indian boy wearing blue overalls and a white shirt underneath. He was a labeled as "Buford's nerd" whom Buford had special rights to beat up. This was Baljeet Tjinder.

Also there was an Hispanic girl wearing a purple dress with a pink bow on top. She was wearing a white shirt underneath. This was Isabella Garcia-Shapiro, leader of the Fireside Girls Troop.

And last but certainly not least were the two brothers next to them. The taller one had green hair with a head shaped like a fire hydrant, but only because of his nose. He wore a white shirt tucked into purple pants. Ferb Fletcher. The shorter one had a triangle-shaped head with a tuft of red hair on the top. He wore a tan and orange striped shirt and blue jean shorts. This unstoppable duo were the masterminds between finding Atlantis, fixing a time travel machine, building a rollercoaster twice, and even saving the world a few times. This was Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, stepbrothers, but brothers no less.

I decided to make myself known to the chattering group of children.

But before I could walk into the backyard, I heard a car door slam and the shrill voice of Candace Flynn filled my ears.

"Hurry up Mom! You're going to miss it!" called Candace. Candace was Phineas's older sister and Ferb's older stepsister. She had long red hair and wore a red t-shirt and white skirt.

"I'm coming, Candace. Let me park the car first." Responded Linda, her mother. Linda, like Candace and Phineas, also had red hair.

I quickly hid behind a tree to avoid being spotted. I decided to watch the entire scenario to see how it played out. I mean, I KNEW how it was going to go already, but I wanted to see it with my own eyes.

Candace ran over to the unlocked gate and swung it open, revealing the five children and the giant monorail system, with the hanging compartment to transfer someone back and forth.

"Yes!" Candace applauded herself when she saw all the evidence was still there. "Mom!"

"I'm coming!"

"Heheheheheh." Candace giggled deviously.

I couldn't believe it. I was basically seeing a Phineas and Ferb episode play out right before my eyes. It was kind of amazing, yet kind of nostalgic in a way.

As Linda came up to the back gate and poked her head inside, she pulled her head back and commented to Candace with a bored mug.

"Candace. What am I supposed to be looking at?"

Candace's face fell. She looked inside the backyard as well, and pulled back quickly. "But it was JUST there!"

"Uh-huh. Come on, honey, help me put away groceries."

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-......" Candace stammered as her mother pulled her away from the fence.

I couldn't help but smile at the familiar dialogue. Such memories. I wanted to watch a Phineas and Ferb episode now.