Ch. 11: The Bare Necessties

I woke up the next morning tired, scared, and nervous.

I got up and took a shower, which helped relieve some of my tiredness.

Once I was done, I realized I didn't have any clothes to wear besides the ones I wore yesterday.

Well, that's just great.

I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to look around for at least some sort of garment to wear. If I had to wrap a blanket around myself like Ariel, than I would. (Well, technically she used a sail but since there were no sails around here I would just have to make do.) But as I was just about to begin looking around, a knock resounded off the door.

I walked to the door, curious about who it could be, considering it was 8:30 in the morning. I looked through the peephole in the door and found no one there.

Odd, I thought.

I opened the door a crack and looked around. There was no person, but on the floor sat a large, rectangular wooden box. It was bright green. On the top of the box sat a note:

To Jamie Herinson, Penthouse Suite 645

Curious, I quickly picked up the box (careful to not let my towel fall down) and brought it inside, closing the door behind me.

I placed the box on my bed and proceeded to open it. I took the green cover off and looked inside the darkened interior. I was surprised at what I saw. Layers of fabric lay in the box, folded up nice and neat. I pulled the top layer out and found a plain red t-shirt with orange stripes. Underneath it sat long blue jeans and a thin black hoodie. There was also a pair of boxers, a pair of socks, and some new black tennis shoes. The tennis shoes had Mickey Mouse ears imprinted on the sides. At the very bottom of the box was a black backpack that was filled with two extra sets of clothing, and another note saying: Hope they fit! -Mickey

So Mickey didn't forget that I didn't have any clothes. I grinned at the Mouse's thoughtfulness.

A few minutes later I was all dressed, and admiring myself in the mirror.

Dang. For a Mouse born in the 1920s, the guy has good taste, I thought as I admired myself in the mirror. Everything fit perfectly, and the backpack had just enough room to stick my extra pair of shoes in it, along with my magic mirror.

I folded my old clothes and left them on the bed. I truthfully didn't really care for them much. An orange t-shirt and blue-jean shorts with holes in the knees.

Once I was all dressed and ready to go, I put my backpack on and walked out the door, closing it behind me.

I walked over to Mickey's room only to find yet another note:

Dear Jamie,

Sorry for not being able to meet up with you today. Something came up. I know you must be nervous. Like I said in the first note, the manager of the hotel knows what to do. Go talk to him.

-Mickey

I sighed. Mickey was right. I was a nervous wreck. I've never done anything like this. I didn't know what to expect, or what could come out of it. I was in a pretty much unfamiliar world and that scared me. Well, I knew who all the characters were and stuff, but some of these characters, even the good guys, were dangerous and I was scared to confront them. These guys were completely real, not like the actors at Disneyworld or Disneyland.