Ch. 31: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I laid on my bed in my secluded cell, wallowing in my self-pity.

After the "entertainment" ended, the Villains kept on partying for several hours, and forced me to stay. I had sat at my table, food untouched, and didn't say a word, just stared at the tablecloth, which, by the way, had little phrases all over it such as "Once Upon an Evil Dream" and "A Whole New World to Conquer." It was sickening.

After the party had ended I was forced to go back to my cell. Well, "forced" is a bit of a strong word. I willingly went back to my cell. Anything was better than this horrific room.

It was ironic. On Earth, Everyone LOVES the Disney Villains. But if you think about it, coming face to face with Maleficent or Scar could be a pretty scary sight. Your whole opinion on them changes. Especially after what they just did. Not very many Disney Villains have actually killed someone. Like, three or four have actually pulled it off. And now technically they've all participated in killing three of Disney's finest. The bad guys were NOT supposed to win. This was a HUGE change from the norm. And frankly, I didn't like it.

As I stared at the ceiling and thought this, a renewed sense of vigor erupted inside me.

I had to DO something. I couldn't just let this happen nine more times. I'm guessing the Life Sources for the rest of the realms were all main characters. I had a feeling Mickey was one. Who else? Winnie the Pooh? Snow White? Simba? None of these characters are supposed to die. And they won't. Not on my watch.

But then I had a mental slap of reality. What was I supposed to do? I was locked inside of a cell UNDERGROUND. Not to mention the hundred or so Disney Villains scattered throughout the castle. I could get caught easily. And on top of all that, I didn't have a means of defending myself. My ring was still useless. I still couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Several times I had tried to send something out of it. Nothing worked. And I couldn't just leave even if I COULD get out. My friends were still here as well as other captives, including my father, somehow.

So basically, I could do nothing. All I could do was sit here and rot in my musty cell until I died. If not from getting murdered by the Villains, then by thirst or starvation. The portions of food Salmon brought me was not exactly filling, and I only got two cups of water a day. One for breakfast and one for dinner.

I don't even remember how long I've stayed in this dreaded place. Days? Weeks? There was no way to tell in this windowless dungeon. For all I know, the Villains could have already captured Agrabah, Atlantica, Olympus, Neverland and Wonderland. For all I knew, the entire World of Disney was already taken over. And they were taking out Disney characters left and right.

But there was nothing I could do. I was helpless. The only hero that could have possibly been able to save the day was helpless.

"So much for me destroying the "Lavas of Hell."" I muttered. By now, I had sort of figured out what the "Lavas of Hell" were. The Firebird. I had no doubt. That monstrous bird was as close to Hell as Pinocchio was to his (formerly wooden) nose.

I sighed to myself. Who would have thought that the World of Disney could ever be dangerous? Well I guess that's why Disney makes PG rated films.

I soon fell asleep, with nothing really better to do. But my siesta didn't last long. After a few minutes I heard keys jiggling and the sound of the cell door opening. I didn't really feel like seeing a flamingo banana beak.

"Jamie, wake up." A girls voice said.

Confused, I opened my eyes to see a pretty red haired girl with big, baby blue eyes. She had a butterfly clip in her hair.

"Kate?"

It had been almost a week, but I still recognized the girl at the Hotel Monteleone, the bookworm who had run the hotel's check-in counter the morning Hercules, Buck, Perry and I had left on our mission.