Ch. 2: Two Worlds

“The World of Disney? What are you talking about?”

     Jasmine placed her hands on her hips. “Well, instead of telling you, why don’t I just show you? Come, follow me.”

     She turned around and walked away.

     “Ummm…ok.” I started walking behind her.

     We walked down an empty hallway that seemed to go on forever. There weren’t even any doors lining the walls. Except for one on the left side of the hallway. The door was dark red and gold, with a gold imprint on the top of the door that looked like a cursive C.

     “Jasmine, what does the “C” on that door stand for?”

     She looked at the door I was indicating as we walked passed. “It’s not important right now.” And she turned back toward the direction she was walking in.

     Curious, I tried to open it, but it was locked.

     Jasmine and I continued to walk down the hallway until we came to yet another door, this time in front of us. It didn’t look fancy, just a regular, wooden door.

    Jasmine opened it and walked through it, me following closely behind.

    When I stepped through the door, a cold blast of salty air hit me in the face. It felt cool, refreshing. Sunlight also blinded me for a minute, but when my temporary blindness cleared up, I was shocked at what I saw.

    I was standing on white sand, and in front of me, a giant sea. But what shocked me the most was that I saw King Triton, the king of Atlantica, surfaced on the water, talking with Mickey Mouse.

    As Jasmine and I walked closer, I could hear part of their conversation.

    “-worried about Atlantica. We need stronger defenses as we want to be sure that we won’t be attacked.” King Triton was saying.

     “Don’t worry, Triton. I’ll get some warriors from Atlantis to come join you. But right now, that’s pretty much all I can spare.” Mickey responded. He seemed frustrated about something.

     King Triton nodded. “I understand. I guess I’ll be going then.” He gave a salute to Mickey, and then departed back to under the sea.

    Once Triton was gone, Mickey turned around, but when he saw Jasmine and I, his eyes brightened up.

     He wasn’t wearing his traditional red shorts. He was actually wearing a traditional black suit with a white bowtie. He also had an earpiece in his right ear.

     “Well, hello Jasmine! And this must be Jamie Herinson. He’s a little younger than I thought he was going to be.”

     “I’m sixteen.” I responded to Mickey’s statement.

     He raised an eyebrow. “Wow, sixteen? You look like you could be younger.”

     I frowned at that. Okay, I was a little short, but not by much. And having a childlike face didn’t help matters. I hated it when people thought I was a kid.

     “Like I said, I’m sixteen.” I told Mickey.

     Mickey grinned. “So, I’m sure Jasmine has explained things to you?”

     Jasmine’s grin faded. “Ummm, no, I actually haven’t.”

     Mickey looked surprised. “Well, then, I guess you have a lot of questions.” He said, looking at me.