Ch. 15: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

I watched in fear as two of the most wicked Disney Villains stalked closer to us. They had already taken out our main superpower. And now they were coming for me.

Tiana stepped in front of me, fiercely facing the villains. "You will not lay a finger on him." She told them heroically. She was standing up for me. How nice. Except that probably wouldn't last long against one of Ursula's tentacles. She would suffer the same fate as Hercules. There's only one difference. She's not invulnerable.

Ursula sighed. "Why are there so many princesses always getting in the way?"

Shan-Yu shook his head. "I agree. Stupid stubborn females just don't know when to quit. I'll take care of this one."

He stepped up to the princess. Perry and Buck tried to intervene, but Ursula just grabbed them and tossed them aside like rag dolls using her powerful tentacles.

Tiana stood her ground as Shan-Yu approached her. He raised his arm to push her aside, when the most wonderous miracle happened.

A dog bit Shan-Yu's butt.

"Aughhh!" the leader of the Huns yelped in pain as he reached behind to his derriere and tried to pull the brown and white dog that was attached to his butt.

"Dodger!" I called his name, surprised that he was here, and not trying to steal some links.

Shan-Yu kept jumping around, trying to shake Dodger from his hind, yelling, "Get it off me, get it off me!" But Dodger held firm to his grip.

Ursula was trying to reach for Dodger, and yank him off, but Shan-Yu was moving around to fast. "If you would stop moving I could get him!" she yelled.

I almost wanted to burst out laughing. It was hilarious. But normally you wouldn't see that kind of Disney Villains humor in villains like Ursula and Shan-Yu as you would in villains such as Captain Hook and Yzma, so it was kind of a strange sight to see.

I knew needed to help Dodger. He couldn't hang on forever. I tried to think of ways to help, then I remembered the ring.

The ring contains all the powers of Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat, I remember the manager of the hotel saying. I looked at ring, it's shiny, glowing red surface glittering in the sunlight.

I wasn't sure what to do with it. Was there some kind of secret code to get it to start"

I pointed it at Ursula, not sure what would happen, and said the first thing that popped into my head: "Flame on!"

Tiana looked at me like I was crazy. "What are you talking about?"

I looked at my ring. "Hmmm...my ring senses are definitely NOT tingling."

How do I work this stupid ring? I asked in my head. And surprisingly, my head answered back.

Think about what killed Shan-Yu.

Fireworks. How does that help?

But I pointed my ring at Shan-Yu and thought of one word. Fireworks.

The ring started glowing bright red, I mean, brighter then it was before. And then it exploded. A huge bright laser beam shot of the ring, and the distinct sound of fireworks popping resounded in my ears. The laser slammed into Shan-Yu, throwing him into an empty garbage truck, and sending Dodger flying.

Without thinking, I pointed my ring at Dodger and thought of the word, Wieners. And just like that, all the sausages jumped out of the nearby hot dog vendor and formed a pile of links right where Dodger was going to land. He fell straight into the pile.

By now pedestrians and drivers were screaming their heads off, running around crazy, trying to get away from either the boy with the crazy ghost ring or the giant octopus lady. Probably both.

Tiana stared at me like I had just appeared out of thin air. "Jamie, how did you-"

"Enough!" Ursula yelled, knocking Tiana out of the way and sending her falling to the ground to my right. "You may have that stupid ring, but that still won't be enough to stop me!"

Ursula sent one of her tentacles flying after me, but I was one step ahead of her. I don't know how, but I was. I did a back flip and jumped out of range of the tentacle.

The Sea Witch's eyes widened. "What!?"

I was even shocked. It must be the ring controlling my body. I thought to myself.

I was vaguely aware of Buck and Perry over to my right, struggling to help each other up. Tiana was laying on the ground to my right, her head just barely lying on the edge of the street. She was unconscious. Hercules still hadn't come up out of the hole Ursula threw him in. I wondered if he was okay.

I faced the Sea Witch again. She was no longer gaping at me, but was glaring at me. "You want to play like that, do you boy? Well, then that's how we'll play." She used her tentacles to propel herself into the air, using them as a sort of boost. She skyrocketed into the air and landed next to me, tripping me with one of her tentacles.

I wasn't ready that time.

She tried to grab my ankle, but I rolled out of the way and got onto one knee, aiming my ring at her. I've pretty much figured out how to use it. Electricity. I thought.

And electric surge zapped out of my ring and encompassed her in an electric shock.

She screamed as the shock sent her crumbling to the ground, panting after it was over.

She glared at me and growled through her teeth. She quickly wrapped her tentacles around my arms before I could launch another attack. Each arm was wrapped. The tentacles felt slimy, sticky, and all in all uncomfortable. I struggled as I was lifted into the air.

"You were much more worthy of an opponent than I though you would be, boy." Ursula said maliciously as she held me captive. "But now I've got you, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Just then, Dodger came bounding in and jumped, sinking his teeth into Ursula's slimy tentacle, the one holding my right arm, also the one with my magic ring.

She screamed in pain and let go of my arm. I quickly shot a blast of fireworks at the undersea monster, sending her flying into the same garbage truck that I sent Shan-Yu into. The truck exploded into a dozen brilliant lights then went twirling up into the air, exploding into a billion tiny colors.

Fortunately, when I sent Ursula flying, she released me and Dodger let go of her. Unfortunately, it was in midair.

"Aaaaaaa!" Dodger and I screamed as we hurtled through the air, plummeting to the ground, about to be no more than a grease spot on the sidewalk.

As I closed my eyes for the end, I landed. But I landed on something soft. Not saying it didn't knock the wind out of me, which it did, but it was a sooner, softer landing then on concrete.

I opened my eyes to find myself riding on Pegasus. Dodger was right on top of me. I had landed on Pegasus belly first, my face nuzzled in his mane. Dodger was sitting on my back, clinging to my shirt.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks Pegasus. Now, let's fly down and assess the damage we did to New York."