Ch. 6: A Step in the Right Direction

The six flamingos charged in a surprisingly organized fashion. Two attacked me, and four attacked Zazu, Timon and Pumbba. The two flamingos, including Pinky, snapped at my head, but I ducked and swung my statue and hit one of them in the chest. That particular flamingo was thrown across the room. He hit a pillar and fell flat on the floor. But he got up and charged again.

These flamingos are strong, I thought to myself.

While all this this was happening, Pinky kept trying to peck my legs, trying to unbalance me. I tried hitting him with the statue, but he kept dodging my blows and trying to strike me again, but I backed out of the way. Soon, the second flamingo joined us and tried once again to peck my face.

The flamingos kept up this routine. Pinky pecking my legs, the other flamingos pecking my head. I managed to evade their attacks, but it was getting harder. The statue was heavy, and every time I swung at the flamingos, it drained a little more energy out of me, especially my arms.

I kept backing up to avoid them and ended up hitting the Sultan's throne.

The flamingos crept closer to me and grinned (can flamingos grin?). "You're a fast little boy, aren't you? Well, I'm afraid you're done for now." Pinky and his flamingo partner were about to strike when a menacing roar filled the room.

"ROOOOARRRR!" A huge tiger came bounding out of an entryway in the back of the room.

"Rajah!" I called. I don't think the tiger knew who I was exactly, but I guess it realized that the enemies were the flamingos. Either that or he was just hungry.

Rajah pounced on top of Pinky and his sidekick before they even knew what hit them.

The two flamingos looked terrified. I would be too, if I had a 300 pound tiger lying on top of me.

"Flamingos! Help us!" Pinky screeched.

Before Rajah could react, the other four flamingos abandoned the fight with the The Lion King characters and charged Rajah, flying up and drop-kicking the giant cat.

"ROOOARRRR!" Rajah growled rather loudly and started clawing at the birds flying around his head, completely forgetting about his two captives, who managed to scurry out from underneath him.

Timon, Pumbaa and Zazu had come running over to me when their opponents left them stranded.

"Jamie! We must find a way to rid Agrabah of this vile pink-feathered scum!" Zazu squawked.

"Yeah! They're starting to get really annoying!" Timon said angrily.

"Well, what else can we do? If Rajah can't scare them off, what can?" I wondered.

While we were trying to think up a plan, Rajah was still busy with his prey. The four flamingos were taunting him by flying just barely out of his reach.

Pinky and the other flamingo were standing nearby, observing the entire thing, just laughing to themselves.

"Jamie, I think I know of a way to get them out." Pumbaa said.

"Well, I'm all ears." I responded.

But instead of answering, Pumbaa trotted up to the two flamingos bravely and glared at them. They stopped laughing and stared at the warthog.

"What is that warthog doing?" Zazu wondered.

I shook my head. "I don't know."

Pumbaa continued glaring, and the flamingos continued staring, until Pumbaa calmly turned around, raised his tail, and then BOOM!