Chapter 6: What It Means To Be a Hero

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.

3rd Person POV

Thief1: Make a move and she gets it web head!

Your posture relaxes as your mind races.

Spider-Man: Ok, calm down let's not do anything irrational. I won't move.

Spider-Man: *Thoughts* Shoot! How did I let this happen! Why didn't I see him! Gosh, what a rookie mistake! Ok, calm down, how do I stop him and save her at the same time.

The woman was scared but calmed down after a couple of seconds.

Thief1: Put the diamonds in the bag, Now!

I slowly walked over and picked up the bag and started putting the diamonds inside. 

Once as I finished, I held both of my hands in the air and tossed it to his leg. He lowered his gun from her head, and tried to put up the bag with his eyes on me. 

The woman looked at me and I nodded, she then back kicked the thief in the no no square and ran to the side as he groaned over. He raised his gun but I web line the gun and pulled it away from him. With another web line I pull him towards me and perform my finishing move.

Spider-Man: Slam Takedown!

With my finishing move I knocked the thief unconscious and webbed him to the ground

I walk over to the hostages to check if they are okay.

Spider-Man: Is anybody hurt?

They all shake their heads side to side and start to thank me. Not long after the police arrived and as soon as they saw me they raised their guns.

Officer1: Freeze Spider-Man!

I raised my hands in the air so they wouldn't shoot but then the hostages started walking and stopped between the cops and me.

Hostage1: This young man has done nothing wrong!

Hostage2: He saved us from the real criminals!

Hostage3: If you want to hurt him, you gotta go through us first!

The officers looked surprised and lowered their guns. I was also surprised but then walked towards the officers.

Spider-Man: It's ok everyone, I have a hero license now so there shouldn't be any problem.

I hand them my license and they check it, as they hand it back they let out a sigh.

Officer2: Yep, it's real. Sorry about that.

Spider-Man: It's fine, just tell your friends to try not to shoot me next time.

I hear a ringing and check my phone and see that it's about to be my curfew.

Spider-Man: Well gentlemen, looks like the pizza I ordered is ready so I got to go. See ya!

I run out of the store and start swinging towards U.A. waving goodbye to everyone.

-timeskip-

I arrive at the dorms and take off my mask, goggles and hood. I notice the lights are off and the front door was locked. I crawl up the side of the building as quiet as possible and arrive at my room. I slide the glass door open and walk in and close it again to keep the cold air outside.

I fall onto my bed and think back to what had happen when the hostages protected me. It made me think back to that night, when both Aunt May and Uncle Ben died.

I grab my blanket and start to fall asleep think more of my dumb mistake that cost them their lives.

*In Dream*

It had been two weeks after I got my powers and I had just won a wrestling match but was cut out of my money for not revealing my identity. As soon as I left his office another guy walked in, he had a yellow shirt, brown coat and green hat. He robbed the guy and I let him get away saying back to the guy who cheated me out of the money "I forgot the part where that's my problem". 

I had told Uncle Ben and Aunt May that I was at the library but the wrestling match was only a couple of streets down. As I was walking to the library I saw a crowd of people and some officers. I went over and felt my heart sink into my stomach as I saw Uncle Ben and Aunt May on the floor with a gunshot in their chest. I ran over to them through the crowd and  felt tears run down my face as they too started crying as they saw me. 

Peter: *Crying* Uncle ben, Aunt May.

May: *Crying* P-Peter  

Ben: It's going to be-

And both of their strengths went away as their eyes closed.

Peter: *Crying* N-No.....*sobs* 

Behind me the officer gets a message on a walkie talkie saying the person who stole their car was being chased down. As hatred filled my heart I slowly got up and walked away from the crowd and ran towards and ally. I quickly changed into my Spider suit and parkoured my way up to the roof and saw the cops chasing Uncle Ben's car.

 I back up and sprinted my way towards the edge  and I jumped off and shot a web towards a building and swung on it following the pursuit.

I managed to swing all the way to them and landed on top of the car smashing the window blocking his view.

He crashed into a old abandoned warehouse and he ran inside as I quietly followed. The warehouse was dark and anything was barely visible. I finally sneaked attack the man and knocked away his gun. He tripped over a pipe and the moons light was able to reveal his face to me. Standing over him I saw the face of the man I let get away at the wrestling match. 

Crook: *Scared* P-Please, just give me a chance.

Spider-Man: A chance?.....Did you give the people you murdered a chance?

My blood was boiling and all I could see was red. 

He got up and he tried to punch me, but I caught his first and began to squeeze it braking his hand. I gave him a right hook knocking him to the floor. I began relentlessly pounding away at him covering my hands in his blood, until I just needed one, one final punch to end his worthless life. I pulled back my arm for the final bow, holding him by the collar of his shirt and got a good look at his face and in his eyes I saw myself and what I had become.

 It was my fault that they are dead and I am the only one to blame. I began to remember the lessons Uncle Ben taught me, that I get to choose what type of man I get to become. If I was to kill this man, I would be no better than him, I would become a murderer. I lower my fist and raised him higher.

Spider-Man: You don't get to destroy who I am...Remember this closely....I want you to remember the person who beat you...I am the spider hero, Spider-Man.

*End Dream*

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope enjoyed. More chapters coming soon.