Prologue

'Do you have any family I can talk to?' The doctor was very carefully measuring his words. The boy was hardly around 22.

'No doctor. I am an orphan and I have taken care of myself since I left the orphanage at the age of 16. I can handle bad news. Please deliver them without any hesitations.' The boy was not surprised that there was bad news. After all, he came here with a bleeding skull. He had been in surgery for almost 2 days and he still couldn't think properly.

'Due to the heavy blow on your head with the rod, there was massive internal bleeding in your skull. We did everything we could to save you but I am sorry you don't have much time left.' Even the doctor was feeling bad for the 20 year old orphan.

'What is the exact diagnosis, doctor?'

'You are suffering from Subdural Hematoma. And it is very promising right now that you remember your name and that you are orphan. You are from that 5% of the patients with such a critical case of Hemorrhage who has almost no physical problem.' Doctor was surprised but the guy wasn't. Whether it can be called as luck or God's grace, he knew he will prevail in critical matters of his life.

'I still can't see precisely.' The patient said as he tried to grab the glass of water kept in front of him. He missed to pick it up. He couldn't measure the depth of where the glass was kept.

'There will be some problems with your memory and your depth perception. You also shouldn't run. Driving is not allowed now. Along with it anything which gives your brain stress is not allowed. You have to take anti-convulsion medications and monthly checkups with a neurologist.' The doctor was clear in explaining all the necessary things. 'Any questions?'

'How much time do I have? What is the average number of years a person survives subdural hematoma?' There were tears in the boy's eyes. He knew he won't be able to live long enough to see even his 30s.

'Usually with this kind of injury, the survival period is a couple of years if you don't stress your brain enough. You also have to take medicines because if the bleeding happens again, we won't be able to save you.' Doctor went silent for a minute. 'Do you want to tell me how did this happen?'

The boy never replied. He just thanked the doctor and started walking out. 2 years. That's what all he had in his mind.