Chapter 8

We were leaving for his pack, and all I could think of is what might go wrong. Sure I had the mate bond on my side, sure he claims to be a hybrid too, but once an abomination always an abomination.  That's what people at my pack said to me, every time I found a bit of happiness. I'll never know why they tried to crush me, I never did anything to them, none of them knew I secretly did things for them. Ines, a girl in my pack, tried for years to have a pup with her mate. When word reached me he wanted to reject her to find another who could give him pups I cast the spell and blessed a small piece of rose quartz with it. Once I was sure the spell was pure I left it in thier room in the pack house under thier bed. It took all of two weeks and their announcement was made. I was happy for her, but of course she'd never known it was me, no one ever would.

I watched as trees went by in a blur outside my window. The dark SUV we piled in was silent except the light music coming from the radio. I could only hope there was a piano at the new pack, it would be nice to play again freely. I looked at my mate who was driving and as usual a stoic face was what I saw. I wonder if he ever smiled other than at me, but i guess bears are just like that maybe.  As i turned back to watch the scenery again my mate decided to speak up.

"What are you thinking of?" I couldnt exactly tell him considering my dark thoughts.
"I was just wondering if you had a piano." The low pitch of my voice was hard to hear even over the low mucus but I'm sure he heard all the same.
"Oh, you still play Celeste? I didnt think those assholes would let you after all this time." Thomas spoke before my mate could answer.
"Yes, I practiced in secret...I'd be punished if I was found out." A growl was all that was heard from Finn. His large hands on the wheel turned white as he gripped it. I was still new to this mate thing so I wasnt sure what exactly to do.

"Its ok, I found ways to practice in my home without them knowing." I tried to pacify him but it seemed to make it worse. I looked back at Thomas begging him to help but he just shrugged his shoulders unable to do anything. Brutus was the one who spoke up.

"I'm sure you play beautifully Luna Celeste,  would you mind playing for us when we reach the house?" I was still getting use to how deep his voice was, if he didnt speak softly I'm sure I'd be terrified. Even softly his voice was low and booming, but I smiled a little at him and nodded. "Yes, if you'd like me to. Is that ok Finn?" I wanted to ask before just assuming...that was the wrong thing to do.

The tires screeched to a halt and my seat belt was flung off. Before I could gather what was happening I was hauled into my mates lap while he inhaled my scent, it happened so fast i yelped in shock. His hands wrapped themselves around my waist keeping me from moving as I was faced towards the back seat. One worried face and a amused one looked back at me.

"Maybe we shouldn't tall about our old pack anymore." Thomas had suggested.  I couldn't agree more, it took all of thirty minutes just for Finn to let me sit back into my seat, and even then I still had to touch his arm just so he wouldn't stop the car.

We drove for what seemed like forever but I knew it had only been maybe an hour or so. Finally I saw a large iron gate come into view, it was at the very least twenty feet tall with iron locks on both sides. The fence it was attached to was hidden behind curtains of ivey that grew along its walls. It looked as if I was about to pass into another world. Little did I know how true that statement was.

Once the gates opened I realized there were large guards just behind the walls standing tall and fierce, they looked like they'd be more at home in armour than in the shorts and muscle shirts they were wearing. One had a darker look about him than the other, his dark hair and eyes where quiet striking against his olive skin. The scar that ran from his right brow down to his chin made him look even more intimidating than it had a right to. The other was more approachable in my opinion. His brown wavy hair fell in his face and almost covered his sea foam colored eyes. He held a smirk that belied his other wise mean looking exterior. They both held back and gave a slight nod to us as we passed in the car, Jacon in the box truck right behind us.