v. the dolphin's lament

~One Month Later~

"Come on, we're going to be late, Callie!" Daryah screamed, nearly popping Callie's eardrums.

"Triton's beard, it's literally 5:00 A.M in the shellicking morning, Darry," Callie groaned and rolled over in her bed.

She had been staying at Daryah's house for a month until the day they would go to Cordisyrenix, and they were now best friends. "Get up!" Daryah huffed, whacking Callie with an abnormally hard pillow. "Ow!" Callie gasped, sitting up abruptly as Daryah beamed and began to rant excitedly again.

" I better go shower. You should get ready! You can't go to a famous school looking like that, you know? Choppy chop chop! Get up!"

"Okay," Callie yawned. She fell back into the pillows with a sigh.

Daryah rolled her eyes. "Oh my Triton, I hope it won't be like this every morning at school, too. You'd make us so late for class. C'mon, Cals!" She grabbed another two pillows and began slapping Callie as hard as she could.

"Ow! Ouch, ok, I'm up!" Callie collided into the wall then picked up the torture device, (aka hairbrush monster) and yanked it through her long, wavy sandy blond locks.

Then, Callie went over behind the folding screen and slipped on her ruffled white asymmetrical top and put on the bright gold tail, and tucked her pearly pink shellphone into the almost unnoticeable pockets in the side of the tail that every mermaid had.

"Do I have to put in the cape?" Callie asked, wrinkling her nose a little.

"Yes, Cals," Daryah sighed. "You have to."

"Fine, fine. What kind of school has capes of all things?" Callie said with a frown. "I look like some k—human princess or something. Ugh."

Daryah had her white lace embroidered top on and was bouncing around the room, trying to get her gold tail on. "Ow—no! Help—ahh, eek!"

"Size too small?" Callie asked sympathetically. "N-no! See! Got—it—on! Ouch!"

"Sure," Callie nodded. "Can we eat breakfast now? I am so excited that I am starving!"

"I want breakfast! I'm excited too!" Daryah said competitively with a eyebrow raise. "And I'm starving more than you!"

"That's what I just said. And nobody's more hungry than me."

"I know!"

"Please, please just stop talking in that singing voice," Callie yawned. "I've only just awaken..

"My apologizes!" Daryah scream-sang. "You are so weird," Callie said with a laugh.

"Just hurry up!"

"Me? You're the one being slow!"

"But I want breakfast! So stop hindering us, Cals."

"I am not hindering us! You are!"

"Don't blame it on me!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, now, please stop arguing so we can go eat!"

"Daryah!"

"What!"

"Ugh..."

꧁꧁꧂꧂

"Wait, you're saying that we walk through a seamount? And then tail-slap a poor dolphin in the face?"

Callie looked astounded. Was the school trying to kill them? Or was Daryah just out of her mind? "Snout," Daryah corrected. "And then, after we kick the dolphin, it'll open its jaws and we'll go in and—"