You Make My World Spin (Or Maybe It Was the Blow to My Head)

After the Battle of New York and all the mess Tony gets involved in, Pepper believes he is in a need of an assistant slash tech genius. Enter You. While Tony is not amused by Pepper's idea at first... he soon warms up to you.

Mostly because he gets a kick from how your mere presence turns Steve's brain into a mass of uncooperative jelly. Comedy material, really.

Prompt: "Sorry... your hair was in your face... thought I would move it so I could see you better." 

-.-.-

Warnings: a bit of swearing, mild injury and blood, pseudoscience,mentions of intercourse, Tony being a little s* and two dummies on their way tobe in love being dummies... oh also Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and other popculture references. Yep, that's right. You're welcome.

-.-.-

You Make My World Spin (Or Maybe It Was Just the Blow to My Head)

It wasn't supposed to be happening, but it was; that was the thing about Ms. Virginia Potts. No matter how little Tony was willing to admit it, she was the one having him under her thumb. After all, he had been the one to ask her to run his company.

However, with the whole Earth's mightiest heroes' business, fighting, making all of their toys, having friends of sort, Tony had still got way too busy. He was stretched too thin, at least according to Miss Potts, so she decided that he desperately needed an assistant.

And when Pepper made her mind about something... well. Knowing she wouldn't get a green light for the stunt of hiring a new employee – or looking for one in the first place –, she simply presented Tony with the result.

She had hand-picked ten candidates and announced him that she was about to interview them only about half an hour before the actual start.

Tony was not amused, nor he was happy about it. In the slightest.

The best he could do – after being shut down when claiming he didn't even need some stupid assistant – was to question her process of hiring staff for him to work with.

"Pepper, darling, you know I appreciate all of your hard work..." he stated carefully, receiving an expectant eyebrow, a silent warning. He probably sounded as if he was trying to approach a so far so calm tiger, who might tear him apart any second if he made too sudden of a movement. Yeah, Pepper could easily turn from a nice purring cat into an apex predator, alright, better watch his tongue around her. "But maybe... shouldn't I have a say in that since I'm gonna work with that guy... or that woman?"

"Oh Tony..." she replied kindly, a smile spreading on her face as he possibly succeeded in not pissing her off just yet. "I agree with you completely. I only picked the top ten to spare you reading the hundreds of applications. Of course you should have a say! How about 12% of it?"

Okay, forget apex predators, his woman had a memory of a freaking elephant.

Clearly, she wasn't letting that little quip of his go, like ever, and now he had to sit through interviews with his potential assistants, six so far, men, women, younger than him, older than him— it didn't even matter. They were all horrendous, the idea of working with them making his skin crawl, something which he wasn't above showing.

The whole morning, he was making a gagging gesture at Pepper – having the decency to wait for them to leave with Pepper's kind 'We'll let you know' – as a telling evaluation of each and every one of them.