In the Strangest Place (We Just Might Find Love) - Pt.1/2

You're hiding from your boss in a supply closet, minding your own business, when a stranger joins you unexpectedly. This is not a beginning of a steamy story; given the reason you're hanging out in the dark, even a make-out session is honestly the last thing you want to fantasize about right now.

But that doesn't mean that the nice stranger cannot make your day much better.

Warning: Mentions of sexual harassement. And lots of F-bombs.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

You were on the verge of screaming – or crying, you honestly weren't sure anymore. But you knew you were done. You had worked your fingers to a bone just to get here. To become a little bee in the most famous hive in Manhattan. Stark Industries. The Stark/Avengers Tower. The beacon of the New York skyline. The dream coming true.

Yeah, not so much.

You hadn't expect super-important assignments, after all, you were just an assistant to the head of one of too many departments, but God, you had not expected to be handing coffee so often. To be running ridiculous errands. Your degree from MIT should actually mean something here. If nothing else, than that you were not just some pretty face and that you fucking didn't deserve the treatment you were receiving. And that was the root of trouble, really. You could handle making your way up, it would be tiring but expected, it was pretty much what you had assigned for.

But you had not assigned for the sexist comments, disgusting innuendo and for the grabby hands of your sleazy boss. Thomas Gregory was a fucking nightmare of a boss and you swore that you were quitting if he called you a 'Dollface' or slapped your ass one more time.

And that was how you had got here, into this very moment, hiding in a dark supply closet like a creep with two cups of overpriced coffee in a cup holder and a piece of organic carob-nut muffin.

You weren't about to come out any time soon, because you simply knew your boss still would be a pig and give you yet another reason to hand in your notice and you had fucking wanted this job for so long, worked for it so hard and sacrificed too much that you just couldn't make yourself to quit no matter how much your whole skin cringed and your stomach rolled over every time Thomas Gregory touched you. It was so frustrating you wanted to scream.

Or cry, you still couldn't solve the dilemma.

You barely registered the hurried footsteps – and then the door was yanked open, you glimpsed a tall blond male figure and suddenly there was dark again. Except there was one more body in the very limited room of the closet, making you press your back onto the shelf.

Something rattled with your movement and the newcomer hissed a barely audible 'Be quiet' as two columns of muscles that were probably his arms framed your head leaning onto the very same shelf, so you could both fit in here. The little order leaving his lips broke the last seal inside you. You were tired, frustrated and were receiving enough humiliation as it was, you did not need some random guy invading your hideout, barking around orders.

"Look, mister, if you have any problem with me trying to make a little space for you in this tiny-ass closet, I recommend you to-"

"Shh!" he hushed you and you thought you had never heard someone whisper so urgently; at least it sounded less bossy than before. It did not mollify you though, because this guy actually had enough impudence to-

"Don't you dare to shush me-"

A hand went to cover your mouth and you let out an exasperated mumble of curses, while his voice continued.