27. The Battle for Unova

(Image Credit: Tomycase on DeviantArt)

(Long Chapter)

Defeating White Kyurem was the only way to save Unova from freezing. Everyone glanced at each other as Ghetsis grinned evilly. He slammed his cane on the cold ground that had become frozen.

"Kyurem, Ice Burn!"  Y/N's eyes widen as the large pokemon's body starts to glow. Suddenly White Kyurem released multiple scary beams of energy towards the group. Everyone quickly reacts and dodges the attack but had to land on the ground while feeling the harsh cold floor. 

"Argh! What a maniac!,"  she shouts. "We didn't even send any pokemon out!"  Hugh gets up and glares towards Ghetsis with hatred. He slowly takes out his pokeballs and then looks towards Y/N.

"...I think it's about  time we fight this lunatic."

N gets up roughly and stares deeply at his father. His very own father, the one who has raised him and cared for him...wanted him gone. Feeling empty, he takes out his pokeball and clenches it with  his hand. He glances towards Ghetsis and White Kyurem.

"...Zoroark, come out!,"  N yells out. His loyal pokemon enters in, realizing what he was up against. Zoroark backs up a little, the fur on its arms rising up. N however pleads his pokemon. "Please Zoroark, we need your help! We need to rescue Kyurem!"  Y/N and Hugh now catching on start to join N and take out  their pokemon (you can add in your own pokemon too!)

One by one, all their pokemon stood on the cold ground, glaring at  the legendary pokemon.

Ghetsis grinned. "Yet, you really think you can defeat my creation? White Kyurem, Ice Burn!..."

"...freeze them all!"

White Kyurem's body starts to glow once again. Prepared this time however, the trainers look towards their pokemon quickly.

"Take cover behind the rocks! Now!,"  Hugh shouts. Samurott and the other pokemon quickly head for cover as Y/N and N follow behind along with Hugh. They shut their eyes tightly as White Kyurem's  attack finally lands, still able to feel the cold strike. N hugs Y/N closely to him, feeling her cold breath on his neck. Hugh stands up and notices the legendary pokemon take a few steps back, seeming to having trouble standing. He smirks as the others notice too.

It was their chance.

Y/N, N, Hugh and every pokemon quickly spread out, ready for command.

"LUCARIO, AURA SPHERE! BISHARP, IRON HEAD!..."

"EELEKTROSS! FLAMETHROWER! SERPERIOR!..."

"ZOROARK, CRUNCH NOW!"

The pokemon began to release their attacks all at once, hitting and landing on White Kyurem roughly. They had to give it  their all, the pokemon and trainers. They had to fight for Reshiram and Kyurem. For Unova.

...A world of ice. Just like Drayden had mentioned.

"SAMUROTT, HYDRO PUMP!"

"...LEAF STORM! USE GIGA IMPACT UNFEZANT!"

"ZOROARK, NIGHT SLASH!"

Attack after attack, White Kyurem still stood but became very weak. The legendary pokemon suddenly lets out a loud angry growl and a beam starts to form in its mouth unexpectedly. N notices first and quickly turns to everyone.

"WATCH OUT! TAKE-"

The attack is  suddenly launched towards Y/N who notices but was too late to react. N's eyes widen and runs towards her quickly enough to push themselves out of the way. He hugs and covers her with  his body as the beam lands a few feet away from them, large pebbles and icicles becoming scattered. N grits his teeth in pain but tries to smile for his frightened lover.

"I-It's okay Y/N, we're fine. We're okay."

Ghetsis stares at  them roughly and indecisive. He turns to White Kyurem and notices the pokemon starting to struggle keeping its eyes open. He quickly backs away, fearing for the worst.

In an instant, the legendary pokemon collapses on the ground. 

Everybody went dead silent. Y/N helps N up as they stare at Ghetsis who's expression was in disbelief. He clenched his fist and slammed his cane harshly.

"...H-how can this be?! I'm the creator of Team Plasma! I'm supposed to be PERFECT!,"  he yells angrily. He starts to pace and then turns to N in fury.

"I can't accept this! I can't lose to the likes of a FREAK that don't use pokemon correctly!"  

N looks at Ghetsis quietly as Y/N gives him a concerned glance. He sighs and looks up at him with pleading eyes.

"...Father, I-"

"D-DON'T CALL ME THAT YOU USELESS FREAK!,"  interrupts Ghetsis angrily. He looks at his  son like he was the ugliest  thing in the world. All of a sudden, the Shadow Triad appears in front of everyone surrounding Ghetsis. One of them notices N, seeming to recall the time his clothing were stolen from him.

"...It's time we leave things here...,"  one of them mutters deeply. Y/N and Hugh nod as they look at  them with no intentions. They disappeared with Ghetsis as N looks down at the ground, not daring a word.