6. Picnic Panic

(Image Credit: Sorocabano on DeviantArt)

(Long Chapter)

Y/N packed her bag with lunch, getting ready for a picnic with Bianca. Samurott who was besides her sniffed the tasty sandwiches, drooling all over the counter. She noticed and glared at him. "Now Samurott, don't you even think about it. Wait until we meet up with Bianca."  He looked at her and looked back at the sandwiches, sighing. Suddenly her brother burst into the kitchen, grinning at Y/N. She stared at him confused. 

"New challenger! You know what to do. Meet in the gym asap!," he announced. He grabbed a sandwich and strolled off towards the gym. "H-hey! That was for the picnic!," yelled Y/N. She groaned, feeling somewhat down. 

...I told him that I would be going out with Bianca, didn't he listen? Why can't he just hire someone else to be the battle judge for his pokemon battles...

"Uh, is this the Floccesy Town Gym? I came here to, you know, uh, challenge it."  

Xier smiled at the boy who seemed very bored. "Yep! Welcome! I'm Xier, the Gym Leader. Follow me."  He and the challenger walked inside the gym as Y/N followed, stumped about the picnic date. "Okay Y/N," she told herself, "we quickly get this over with and then we hop onto our bike and speed off towards the ranch, it's not very far."  She looked at Samurott, who agreed also. Before going inside the gym however, a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned around quickly, seeing Cheren, the normal type gym leader.

Cheren smiled. "Ah, sorry to startle you Y/N. Your gate was open."   

She crossed her arms.  "Don't sneak up on me like that."  Cheren rubbed his head, apologizing. Then they heard Xier yelling for her to hurry up. Y/N rolled her eyes, turning away from Cheren. "He has a challenger today, which means I have to judge," she grumbled. As she was about to walk to the gym, Cheren grabs her wrist gently. 

"Y/N, you wouldn't mind if I can be referee for you? I have a lot of free time. My gym hasn't gotten many challengers recently, but its no surprise really."  Y/N couldn't believe it. She hugged him and went towards the garage to get her bike with Samurott following. She looked back, seeing Cheren blush embarrassingly.

As she cycled towards the ranch, she was thinking about Alder's words about the guy, N. "I just don't get it," she explained to Samurott who jogged besides her, "he helped me and you from that grunt, and Alder tells me to never encounter him again?"  She shook her head, confused about the whole situation.

"...N. I feel like I heard that name before."

Just in time, they have finally made it at the Floccesy Ranch. Bianca and Y/N set down the blanket, food, and drinks while Samurott smelled the flowers, Bianca's Musharna observing him. They finally sat down and pulled out the food, Bianca noticing the pokemon. She giggled. "I didn't know Samurott liked flowers! He's  so gentle."  Y/N nodded, stuffing her face with brownies.  "Yeah, he likes to tend the garden at home," she explained.  "Mm, these brownies are good! Hey Samurott, come have one!"  However, there was no response from neither of their pokemon. Bianca and Y/N looked around confusedly. 

"That's weird, they were just here, near the forest," muttered Bianca. Y/N got up and looked around more. "Samurott! Musharna!," she shouted. No sounds except from the wilderness. She turned towards the clump of trees.

They must have gotten deeper into the forest?

"I'll go look in the forest, they couldn't have gotten too far," she said to Bianca. Bianca nodded, and told Y/N to be careful as she would watch the food.

"Samurott, Musharna, where are you guys?"

Y/N walked deeper into the forest, looking around for any clues. "Jeez, Samurott never wanders off like this...he's missing out on the dessert."  Suddenly, she came across something that made her eyes widen. She finally found the pokemon, but the thing was, they were inside cages. Quickly she ran towards them concerned and worried. "S-Samurott? Musharna? How did you guys get in there? Who did this?"  They looked at her scared, and suddenly Samurott let out an intimidating growl. Y/N confused, turned around and saw a Team Plasma grunt standing there with a Bisharp, meaning it was the same guy that attacked her before. 

She froze.

The grunt smirked, recognizing her. "Well well well, if it isn't  the moron that got lucky on me. We meet again."  He walked towards her, their Bisharp looking menacing. Y/N backed up, but only to bump into Samurott's cage. "Crap crap crap," she muttered. Could she run? But what if Bisharp reacts? The only thing she could do was stand there in disbelief. 

"This is just too good!," shouted the grunt in amusement, "that there's nobody to help you. Don't you think this is the perfect time to get revenge?"  He grinned evilly, looking at Bisharp. Y/N panicked, and without thinking she ran. He noticed and pointed at her. 

"Bisharp, Slash!"  

The Bisharp ran after her getting ready to strike. Quickly holding her breath, she ducked quickly behind a tree, but that didn't stop the pokemon who sliced the tree in half. 

Y/N sat there scared to death.

He laughed, wiping off tears from the corner of his eyes. "Gwahaha! Did you see the look on your face?! I'm so glad I stole this pokemon!," cried the grunt. He started to cough, which made everyone concerned. He pounded his chest and stood up, looking around. "...Ahem, let us...start over. Bisharp, if you would do the honor?"  Bisharp looks at him, and silently walks towards Y/N. She stares up at him with pleading eyes, and then sighs sadly.

...Well, this is it. It was nice knowing you, N. I'm going to make sure I see Xier lose a battle, see Hugh never get married, Samurott with a new caring trainer, and Gallade teaching Lucario new fighting techniques. Oh, I'm sorry Alder. You were right with not getting involved with Team Plasma. But at least I'll be with mom and dad, right?

Y/N closed her eyes, waiting for any painful impact, but she felt nothing. She opened her eyes and noticed that the Bisharp was just standing in front of her, staring at her E/C eyes.

The grunt frowned angrily, a bit confused. "Why aren't you attacking her?! Attack!"  But the Bisharp ignored him, still staring. He was in fumes. He pointed at the pokemon aggressively. "I STOLE YOU FOR A REASON! ATTACKER HER!"  This time Bisharp turned towards him and glared sinister at him. He backed up slowly, glaring at Y/N.

"You little...fine! I don't need you!"  Backing up, he ran from them, leaving behind Bisharp's pokeball. The grunt disappeared into the forest.

Bisharp walked towards its pokeball and picked it up. Y/N stared at the pokemon in an unsure way. Bisharp turned around, facing her. Finally, her eyes widened.

"...Are you perhaps...the Pawniard from..six years ago?"