15. Chargestone Part 1

(Image Credit: poppy on Pixiv)

(Long Chapter)

After N releases Y/N from her handcuffs  she backs away from him and frowns. "What  the hell N? How did you know I was here? And why are you wearing the Shadow Triad's clothing?"  He looked at her remorseful. 

"...I followed you, but I only did it because I was worried that you would get involve with Team Plasma because of your friend."  She stares at him and sighs, walking away from him. N hesitantly chases after her.

"Y/N, please wait..."

She turned to him and frowned. "Not now N! I need to rescue my friends and my pokemon,"  she said in a serious but anxious tone. She was worried about Team Plasma hurting Hugh and Clay but more or so her pokemon. What if Bisharp's previous trainer, that one grunt, recognizes him and decides to get revenge? She continued walking, trying her best  to ignore N who kept chasing after her.

"Please Y/N. Let me help you!,"  he pleaded. They stood a few feet away from Chargestone Cave but it was being guarded by Team Plasma. Y/N saw trainers trying to enter but were being denied. "Why are you blocking the entrance?! You don't own this cave!," said a hiker complaining towards a grunt who stood in the way. They rolled their eyes and pushed the hiker away.  

"Scram old man. You have no business here!"  

N noticed the amount of grunts and turned to Y/N. "...Hey, I have a plan. But you'll have to cooperate."  She turned her head towards him, staring at him unsure. Remembering Alder's words made her steady, but she has to help her friends and pokemon. She takes a deep breath and nods.

"Alright, what's the plan?"

The grunt yawned of boredom, wishing he were doing something else rather than stand all day. Guarding the entrance to the cave was easy enough but he wanted to get on that action. He noticed a strange figure with a girl walking towards him in a creepy manner. "...Huh? The Shadow Triad?..,"  he said confusedly. He fixed his posture and stared at them watchful of their every movement.

"What's your business and order here?"  N looked at him silently trying his best to impersonate one of the real Shadow Triads. The grunt raised an eyebrow.

"...This girl. She's with the others,"  N said inexpressive. The grunt who was aware of Hugh and Clay nods but he took his role a little too serious. He crossed his arms.

"Do you know who these others are? You should be aware."

N and Y/N quickly looked at each other vexed. 

"...Blue spiky haired trainer and Driftveil City's  gym leader,"  said N.

Even though he was right  the grunt still asked questions.

"Okay,"  the grunt said dubious, "but who were you ordered by?"  

N was losing his patience, trying his hardest to not clench his grip on Y/N hurtfully.

"...Lord Ghetsis. Now can w-"

"Is he in this cave?"

"...Yes, now let me thr-"

"Wrong!"

"Why aren't you letting me in!? I'm part of Team Plasma for crying out loud!"

Everyone's  faces went blank.

The grunt glared at N. "...Since when did any of you freaks show any emotion? And your voice sounds very familiar-"  N let go Y/N and pulled out his pokeball. He lost his patience.  

"Zoroark, Snarl!"  

The pokemon came out and formed a black ball with black electricity and threw it toward the annoying grunt who's eyes went wide. The snarl threw him against the cave wall and he fell on the ground in a thud, groaning and cursing painfully. Y/N gasped and glared at N irritated and anxiously as the rest of Team Plasma who witnessed the event went after them.

"N you idiot! You were supposed to stick to the plan! Now Team Plasma is coming after us!,"  she yelled. He quickly grabbed her hand and they ran inside the cave, N turning towards her.

"S-sorry, he was a real nuisance."

After they got in quickly, he turned towards his Zoroark. "Block the entrance!"  Zoroark nods and sends a big strong hit on the cave wall, making rocks and boulders collapse in front of the entrance while sending dust everywhere. 

The entrance was now blocked.

As they made their way through the cave, Y/N glanced at N besides her. He was a good looking guy, was kind and somewhat caring, but she was  still perplexed about what his intentions were. Why is he even bothering to help her? Is this weirdo following her? Can he really talk to pokemon? She grumbled under her breath which concerned N and Zoroark. 

All of a sudden thick dark-purple smoke appeared around them, making everything hard to see. Y/N coughed, waving away the deep fog. She could not see N or Zoroark which made her freak out a bit. She could somewhat hear them in the distance but it didn't matter. The smoke was lasting a long time...

"N? Zoroark? Where are you guys? What's going on!?"  After what felt like an hour the smoke slowly started fading away. Y/N could now see a bit clearly and spotted two figures that stood a few feet away. She noticed they were from Team Plasma. N was nowhere to be seen.

The male grunt with a Cofagrigus besides him pointed at her. "Tú allí! No es mi lindo Cofagrigus tan hermosa?"   The female grunt next  to him sighed annoyingly. 

"Knock it off Leonardo. She can't understand you so stop speaking Spanish."  She then looked towards Y/N.

"...But she can understand that we're here to capture her."