Chapter 17

~Not Edited~

Liam and Niall had the best afternoon with Cyris, and he was loving that both his parents were home. What child wouldnt? Cyris knew about the baby growing in daddy's tummy, and he knew that he'd be a big sibling. He knew that he'd help daddy take care of the baby when Papa wasn't home. He knew he had to be a big boy now.

Liam took them both out to see a film, and then he took them out to dinner. Cyris wasn't use to going out like this at all. Neither was Niall, honestly. Cyris sat eating his popcorn as they watched the film and Liam had wrapped his arm around Niall's shoulder pulling him as close as he could. They'd had to move the arm rest. Liam whispered little i love you's into Niall's hair and little smiles made it to Niall's lips as a blush crept up on his cheeks.

At dinner, Cyris sat on one side of the booth, Niall and Liam on the other. Cyris colouring pictures on the kids menu and Liam just rubbing circles on Niall's back. Niall didn't care for anything other than his son and husband in that moment.

-

The morning of Liam's appointment, Niall was up and ready, and so was Cyris. They had to bring him along, as Niall was sure he wouldn't even listen to anything Liam had to say. Liam had the bright idea to have them do this together. Niall didn't mind it, he just didn't wanna fill out the paperwork. He'd filled out all the questions to the best of his ability.

home country, ireland.

ethnicity, caucasian.

former jobs, that warehouse company.

relationship status, married.

active in the military, no.

When he'd gotten down to the next set of questions, the ones talking about drug use, he kind of bit his lip. Liam had already finished his paperwork and he hooked his chin over Niall's shoulder as he rubbed Niall's knee gently. "just be honest." he whispered, Cyris was sitting on Liam's knee, as Liam bounced him a bit, his giggling being heard throughout the waiting room. Niall only nodded. hashish, no. marijuana, no. alcohol, occasionally. pain medication... he waited a few seconds, and skipped the question. only as Liam sighed, pulled the pencil from his husbands grip and checked yes in the box.

*

Niall and Liam both sat on the couch in the office, as they waited on their therapist. Cyris napping on Liam's lap, his head against his chest as his little snores made both Niall and Liam smile. "thank you." Liam said softly.

"don't thank me baby." Niall whispered. "Im here because we need to fix us."

"I know." Liam said softly. "i just wanna get better for you, Cyris, and the little one." he whispered and rubbed Niall's tummy a bit, his hand in an awkward position. "what are you wanting to name it?"

"for a boy... Michael or Axel... or maybe Kendall... but for a girl... Adriana... Melanie... or Kyson." Niall smiled softly.

"How about Kyson for either but we spell it with a C?" Liam smiled, loving the name "Kyson" for either a boy or girl, but wanting to keep in with the Cy thing as Cyris' name started with Cy and if they name their next child Cyson.

"okay." Niall smiled. "Cyson Jane for a girl and Cyson Edward for a boy?"

"Babe... Edward doesn't flow with Cyson at all." Liam chuckled and Niall just pouted.

"I'll think of something else then."

"Alrighty." Liam chuckled and kissed Niall's temple.

*

Once Liam's therapist had settled herself on her seat and Liam had tensed his grip up on Niall, no doubt leaving a bruise on his hip. "Why don't we start off with how both of you've been?" she smiled sweetly, Niall thinks he could like her (as their therapist) but with Liam squeezing his hip he wasn't too focused on much of anything else.

"Liam." Niall whispered and pried his fingers away as Liam gulped and started talking.

"We've been good."

She nodded and looked over a few charts. "So which one of you is Liam?" she smiled. Liam smiled a bit.

"I am.."

"It's nice to meet you, my name's Gwen."

"Hello." He whispered and Cyris crawled up between them.

"And who are you little one? I don't think I know your name." Gwen smiled at Cyris and he just grinned, cuddling into his daddies.

"I Cyris. I six and this my daddy." he patted Niall's chest. "And this my papa." he giggled and then patted Liam's chest. "My daddy gets sad lots and papa never home, cos' he a soldier." he giggled and smiled, feeling proud that he'd helped the lady know more about his daddies. Gwen only nodded and smiled.

"Well hello Cyris, it's lovely to meet you." she smiled and Cyris giggled nodding a bit.

"My daddy havin' nother baby too!" Cyris giggled as Niall tickled his side a bit.

"Oh hush you lil thing," Niall smiled and brushed back his hair, knowing it needed a brushing but he couldn't do much about it here.

"is that so?" Gwen asked softly. Cyris just nodded and smiled at her giggling. "Alright well why don't you tell us about yourself Niall? and then we'll get to Liam." she said softly and Niall smiled just a little.

"we'll im turning twenty-six...uhm... Liam and I have been married for about six years... we had Cyris just a little bit after we had gotten married. Uhm... Im from Ireland... My best friend's name is Louis and Liam and I are the godfathers of his two boys and the third on the way. uhh..."

"What do you enjoy Niall?"

"I enjoy..." Niall thought. "Well I enjoy being able to take care of Cyris... and I enjoy laughing... I really love laughing." Niall giggled a little and Liam smiled. "I enjoy music... I write it and I use to sing a bit... I can play guitar but I dunno." Niall shrugged and looked at Liam. "Your turn."

Liam smiled and nodded. "Well... as he said we've been married six years, uhm I've been in the military for about seven. I've missed a lot of everything... Niall growing up, from nineteen to twenty-six... I've missed Cyris growing up... from the day he was born to now... I've missed the milestones, I've missed everything."

"That's okay Liam." She said softly and gave him one of her warming smiles. "You said you were in service?"

"Yeah." Liam nodded a bit. "Im done for a bit now... theres no guarantee that I won't go back." Liam said softly and Gwen just muttered a thank you, and Liam gave her a little nod.

"Told yous my papa a soldier!" Cyris giggled and Gwen just nodded, deciding she wouldn't push further until Cyris wasn't here.

----------

a/n: [1,143 words] hope you like this.

im so slow on updating now.

i need motivation

someone motivate me

and go read fool's gold // ziam

(pssst it has baby niall)

-Celly C.