Chapter 30

~not edited~

The year after Cyris was born Niall decided the family would go on Holiday. More or less Niall taking Cyris to see Liam. He knew Liam would love to see them, he remembers them talking on the phone. He remembers him saying 'i cant wait until you come to visit' and that was that. Niall had his mind made up. Niall had packed up Cyris and himself and they'd been on a plane to Berlin, Germany in a few days.

Liam was expecting his baby all weekend. Niall would be staying in his bunk with him with Cyris. Liam picked the boys straight up and took them back to the bunk. Niall smiled at his newly wedded husband. Cyris was a bubbly toddler. Bouncing on the newly turned nineteen year old's hip. He was just so happy and wonderful and Liam and Niall loved him so much. He was their baby boy. Niall remembers them setting up the little crib in Liam's quarters. Niall remembers Liam touching every inch of him. From the tip of his nose, to the ends of his toes. It was felt and searched by the beautiful and wonderful Liam Payne.

Niall remembers coming home after that trip thinking he'd have another baby. He didn't.

Niall remembers bringing each of their boys home.

Cyris James Payne, he was born on the 5th of February. The teeniest, tiniest, baby the couple would have besides Cylie. He was such a scrawny little baby as well. Niall was so protective over him. Wouldn't let him out of his sight. Niall knew his first baby was special. He just knew it for a fact. He couldn't pinpoint why, but he did. Liam just loved the fact that he was a father, and that Niall was happy.

Charlie was due the 8th of March, but we all know where that pregnancy led to. We all know why Niall blames himself that it never got past his second trimester.

Cyson Joel Payne, he was born on the 9th of May. Cyson wasn't that small, but he remembers him being one of the smartest babies he's had. He'd had some vocal delays, but he'd rolled over and stood up long before the average child. Cyson was his second baby, and always would be. Liam and him had painted his room together. It was one of the best bonding experiences the two had as a couple.

Cylie Jacob Payne, he was born on the 12th of July. He was so little, the smallest baby they'd come to have. He was born premature, by almost two full months. Niall put a lot of effort into getting his baby healthy. Trying to keep all three of his babies healthy at the time. Liam was just doing as Niall told him. He was trying to be more laid back, so the first time they were married didn't repeat itself.

Cyan Jeremiah Payne, he was born the 17th of December. Cyan was definitely the child to look identical to Liam. Cyris displayed both Niall and Liam's features, dominantly Liam's. Cyson displayed both his parents features, even if more of Niall's features came up in Cyson, it was still dominantly Liam. Cylie looked identical to Niall, beside the little birthmark on his neck. Cyan, there wasn't any differences between his and Niall's baby photos.

Niall didn't understand how his children looked so different, but so similar. As his babies grew up, they'd gotten into their own relationships. They'd gotten their own interests.

Cyris, was into painting as a teenager. He was even smitten with this one young lady named Daniella. She was his best friend, even wrote a eulogy at his funeral. Niall knew his baby would've wanted her to say something.

Cyson, he was always into academics. He'd started "chasing" after a young lady named Diana his first year of secondary school. He spent all the way up till his last year of Sixth form asking her out, every few months he'd try again. When she'd finally agreed, he was almost eighteen. Cyson was thin and he wasn't all that tall. He didn't have these muscles. In fact none of the Payne children did. He'd dated Diana for about three and a half years before she told him they were gunna start a family of their own.

Cylie, he loved music. So much. He wanted to drop out of school and join a band. He wanted to be the one in his family to make it big, make something of himself (besides his papa of course, he was a soldier). He'd learned guitar, and he'd sung a lot. More of this pop-punk style of music. They'd cover anything, but they'd style it themselves. His little garage band would put on little concerts at their school, or at local proms or anything. He'd also ended up dating his bassist. Liam and Niall figured out he was a bottom when he'd cried to them about being pregnant, when he was fifteen.

Cyan, he was an athlete. He loved athletics. He'd joined football, and the track team. He'd done basketball and baseball a few years. Liam built a special shelf in his room for his trophies.

So there you have it. Niall would think as he'd stand in the front window, coffee in his hand. A smile on his lips as he just watched his sons with their children. Cyson and Diana with their daughter Jillian. Cylie with his daughter, Adelaide. She was almost six. Her other father not in the picture anymore. Cyan was just sitting with Cyson. Cyson ruffling his hair as they just smiled and laughed. Niall felt Liam's hands on his hips and he just smiled a bit wider.

"They're beautiful."

"We're all proud of you." Liam whispered softly and kissed Niall's shoulder, wrapping his arms around Niall's waist.

"For what?" Niall asked. He hadn't thought of his kids or husband being proud of him in forever. He'd given them nothing to be proud about.

"For not giving in when you wanted to." Liam whispered and Niall just swallowed dryly. He'd been thrown through so many obstacles and he'd gotten through them all without popping a single percocet, or tramadol, or vicadin or anything. "You gave us four beautiful boys, and I know Cyris is proud of you too my love." Liam whispered. Cyson and Cylie were both in their twenties, Cyan right behind them at nineteen.

"What can I say? The happy little pill doesn't do much anymore. My babies are what matter." Niall looked out the window again and he saw his three boys, and Cyris, all grown up. He didn't have a wheelchair, and he looked JUST like Liam. He started to tear up a bit. All four of his boys together. Cyris might've been holding the hand of a little girl as he imagined it. That must've been Charlie.

--------------

A/N: [idk word count 1000+]

Im writing the epilogue tonight.

it's almost over guys.

-Celly Azad