Chapter 20

~Not Edited~

Niall had let Cyson out of his view for two seconds. Two seconds it took that little boy to actually pop one of the tops on Niall's tramadol bottle, and shove a few into his little mouth. Niall panicked. It was the wake up call he needed.

He'd finally broke down and told Louis everything, and Louis helped him as long as he could to finish off what Liam started. Get his best friend clean. Cyson was okay, but Niall hated himself for letting his baby get in harm's way because he was stupid enough to leave the bottle down.

Liam had yelled at him for a good twenty minutes when he'd found out Cyson was in the hospital for the night, and when he found out why Cyson was in the hospital. Liam always knew somewhere that Niall hadn't stopped completely, that he'd take a few every now and again. But addiciton was hard, wasn't it? Now, Liam swore he'd let his mum have custody of both boys whilst he was away, if Niall couldn't get off that sh*t and get himself clean.

*

Niall had spent the evening Cyson was back from the hospital cuddling with his boys. Cyris' arms were locking up more frequently, and he's noticed his knees lock up more and more. So Niall was just laying on the couch, Cyson between the back of the couch and himself and Cyris almost laying on top of him. "Daddy's sorry Cyson." Niall whispered and brushed back the boys' hair gently. "Daddy's so sorry." he gave his head a few kisses and Cyris just snuggled against daddy and his almost sleeping brother.

Cyris wasn't feeling all himself lately, and Niall's noticed. Niall knew his happy and bubbly baby boy, and Cyris just wasn't acting like it. Which just left Cyson the happy baby boy, who did anything to please his daddy, and get little kisses and lots of hugs afterwards.

-

When Cyris and Cyson had to go in for a check up later in the week, they had to give Cyris braces for his knees. As much as Cyris threw a fit of not needing/wanting the braces that would help him walk and help him run a bit.

Cyson was all cleared though. Healthy, no signs of DMD at all. Nothing anyone could find in scans or throughout his checkup. Which made Niall sigh out in relief, he wouldn't have to worry about having to go through another process of getting braces, and a wheelchair, and paying for physical therapy.

"Cy?" Cyson whined as his bubby was being made upset, the doctor trying to show him how to put the braces on himself. Teaching Niall as well.

"Cyson hush." Niall whispered and brushed back his hair gently, kissing his cheek. "Cyris is fine."

"sit." Cyson whined pointing next to his brother. wanting to go see what was wrong with the boy he looked up to.

So they concluded that Cyris' condition was getting worse, and there was nothing for Niall to do to even slow the process down. But, they also figured out that Cyson didn't have it. That Cyson is just fine.

-

Niall took the two out for ice cream and then to the park afterwards, Cyson just playing around in the sand, Cyris holding onto Niall's hand. Since the other kids wouldn't stop looking at the braces around his knees. "Why don't you go build a sand castle with Cyson." Niall whispered and squeezed his little hand before leading him over to the sandbox.

"Dont wanna play, they all staring at me." Cyris mumbled, sniffling a little.

"Cyris... buddy." Niall sighed and crouched down in front of him. "Baby, people are always gunna stare... but you're special remember?" He whispered, trying to be truthful with all of his words. Careful of his word choices. "We knew you were special when you were born. Just like Cyson. You're daddy's special babies." Niall kissed his nose gently and smiled. "But you can't let people get in your way okay? or you aren't going to be able to do anything."

"Okay." Cyris nodded a little and pouted, still upset that the little kids were asking what's wrong with him, and why he had braces on his knees as he went to play with his baby brother. He'd tell them the truth, that he was born with muscular dystrophy and he was daddy's special baby.

Niall stood over with the parents, keeping a close eye on his kids. Better than most of the mothers there actually. There was a girl, whom Niall wouldn't remember the name of in five minutes. That kept Niall company.

"What's your name?" she asked Niall softly and he smiled.

"Niall Payne."

"Which ones are yours?" She asked turning towards the kids and Niall just smiled picking out Cyson and Cyris. "They're beautiful." She complimented and Niall just smiled.

"Thank you, they look like my husband." Niall replied and she just smiled.

"So where is he?"

"Australia at the moment. He's in the military."

"Well tell him Thank You for me." she chuckled. "Is it hard?"

"Of course it is." Niall replied and sighed.

"What are their names?"

"Cyson and Cyris."

"beautiful."

"So have you got kids here?" he asked softly and she nodded.

"Yeah two boys and a girl. A bit older looking than yours."

"Cyris is seven and Cyson is about to turn one actually." Niall chuckled and she just nodded, her daughter waving at her. So she waved back.

"Is he okay?" She asked, referring to Cyris' braces.

"Yeah... he's just a bit embarrassed. He's got DMD and he doesn't like the stares." Niall explained and sighed softly. "He's gunna have to get use to it I guess."

"I understand." she whispered, but she really didn't and that's what made Niall a bit upset.

"Yeah." He muttered and shrugged, looking at the time, and decided it'd be best to make it back home.

---------------

A/N: [993 words]

Sorry it's short,

but the lack of comments is really pissing me off.

so I may not write for a while, or at least update anything.

someone called One Direction gay in my english class,

they were literally like "that one *points at Harry* sucks that ones *points at Louis* weiner"

and I went "you're hella right, i bet he eats his perfect ass too" and he just looked at me like what the fuck they're actually gay

i slayed *insert sassy chic emoji*

anywayyyyyy

comment pls xD

-Celly Azad