Chapter 12

~Not Edited~

"Why can't we just see someone about this Liam?" Niall asked. Him and Liam were fighting. Again.

"I don't need someone to fvcking help me Niall." Liam was loud. "Don't even say I do. I'm fine."

"You hit me!" Niall broke finally just looking at him. "You hit me Liam..." His eyes teared up a bit and Liam sighed, pulling Niall into a hug, just holding him tightly. He kissed him on the top of the head and rubbed his back as Niall cried.

"I'm so sorry." he whispered softly, just holding him. "You can't scare me like you did though." Liam mumbled into his hair. Niall was still crying, shaking from the mere thought of this morning. His husband had actually laid a hand on him. He'd hurt him. Left a bruise right on his cheek.

"I j-just wanted to wake you up...M-Make it special." Niall sniffled and closed his eyes. Liam just held him tightly.

"Shhh baby boy." he whispered. "Let me see it." He mumbled and pulled back slightly to Niall's eyes closed, tears falling down his cheeks and over the reddish, blue and purple bruise. Liam hated himself for that. He didn't mean to at all.

Niall decided that he was going to take things into his own hands and try to save their marriage. So he made breakfast, sat everything on the dresser and then crawled onto their bed, he yelled Lieutenant Payne instead of Liam's name smiling. That's what snapped for Liam. He'd sprung up just about as fast as he could and left a physical mark on Niall's cheek. Niall was just stunned for a few seconds before he started crying. A delayed reaction, he was really trying to see if his husband had actually hit him.

Liam tried to apologise the moment after he did it. He really did. Niall had locked himself in the bathroom and Liam had knocked a dozen times and stood there for an hour before he realised Niall wasn't coming out anytime soon. Niall knew. He knew right after he'd gotten home from Germany not to scare him. Not to make everything sudden, not to make loud crashes. He knew.

*

Niall couldn't go out to the store, or go out with Liam without Liam getting looked at weird. Honestly, as mad as he was at his husband. No one had the right to look at him like that, they don't know what happened between Niall and Liam and he was so pissed off that someone would just... label his husband as an abuser in their mind.

Of course, Niall knew he needed to take every precaution possible to not startle Liam again, and he'd have to make sure Cyris did too. Liam didn't want anything to change, he really didn't. He wanted Niall to be at home with Cyris after school and he wanted to work on base so he could bring back a steady income.

It was different now. Liam needed to find a new job, and Niall also had to find somewhere. Once he's completely clean.

Liam decided a date night, twice a week, would try and help them stay together as a couple. As well as take a bit of stress off the both of them. Reducing Niall's chances of a relapse and Liam's chances of snapping. So when they'd went out for dinner, the waiter just looked at Niall's cheek for a second and then back to Liam so he could order. Liam and Niall just held each other's hands across the table and Liam sighed looking himself at Niall's cheek.

"I'm so sorry." He said softly. "You know I'd never do that on purpose..."

"I know." Niall said softly. "I need to get better at not startling you." He admitted quietly. "Ill be right back." he said and got up, walking towards the bathroom. He heard that familiar voice, standing there as he relieved himself. The voice of two children as well.

"Uncle Niall!" Aarya squealed and Niall zipped up his trousers glancing at the boys.

"Aarya!" Niall chuckled and washed his hands. "Whatre you guys doing here?"

"Zayn wanted to take us out." Louis smiled. "He got the promotion he wanted." Niall just nodded. "Whatre you doing here?" his own best friends eyes drifted to the bruise as Aali and Aarya went into two seperate stalls.

"It's Liam and I's date night." Niall revealed. "Don't look at it." Niall said and turned his head a bit.

"What happened?"

"I scared him." Niall mumbled softly. "It wasn't intentional. I shouldve known better..." Niall sighed.

"hey. It's okay." Louis whispered and patted Niall's shoulder gently. "I know Liam wouldn't have done that if it wasn't something he couldn't help..."

"He just reacted like he would being woken up whilst at war. He didn't mean to..."

"You don't have to explain Ni." Louis said softly and held a finger to his own lips, nodding his head at the stalls. "You can talk to me about it later yeah? just enjoy your date."

"Yeah." He nodded and smiled slightly going back out to his husband.

*

Niall wasn't feeling anything, a sleepy little smile on his face as Liam pushed his hips forward once, twice, three times. Holding around his waist with one arm. He was being so slow, so careful. Niall was loving every second of it.

He wasn't giving him all of it honestly, It's been a long time since he had. They didn't do that as if they were young anymore. I mean they're in their twenties. They're young. But not young enough honestly.

"You close?" Liam asked, peppering little kisses against Niall's shoulder and Niall just nodded.

"Yeah."

They both hit their highs together. It was the first time as if they felt everything was right again. Everything was like it was supposed to be. Like how it was when they were young.

Niall didn't even register that Liam was shaking afterwards, that something just hit him wrong when Niall went to cuddle up to his back. He didn't even notice Liam's injury. Right there in the middle of his back. He didn't pay any attention. He was too tired, all until Liam's hands were around his throat.

----------

A/N: so yeah. You see how Liam's reacting to things now, he's stressed out. He was a part of a war. Niall's done so well not to set him off before and now he has and it's absolute shit for everyone.

Do you think they're going to get Cyris back any time soon? Between Niall's rehab and Liam's issues?

Comment please!!

and follow @essayzayn on Instagram.

Pray for Pakistan guys... seriously. It was a horrible thing that happened, keep the families in your prayers.

-Celly C.