29 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 2

✯               ✯               ✯

Isabelle, Nick, and Hank walk down the street and scan the square before finding the person they were looking for.

"Nice necklaces." Nick comments looking over the necklaces that were laid out. "How much?"

"I'm not selling them. They're donation only." Gracie shakes her head. "You can give me whatever you want and take whatever you want."

"Okay, so you know we're police." Nick says. "Look, we're not looking for a business license or anything here."

"We just need a little help. Is you name Gracie?" Hank asks and Gracie nods in response.

"This is Steven Bamford." Isabelle pauses as she shows her a picture. "Do you know him?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but we found Steven's body." Nick interjects when Gracie doesn't answer her.

"Steven's dead?" Gracie inquires and puts a hand over mouth as she begins to cry. "Oh my god. I can't believe this. Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sorry." Isabelle frowns.

"What are you doing?" A boy around Gracie's age questions rushing towards them.

"Slow down. We're just asking some questions." Hank reassures him.

"Why? Who are you?" The boy asks harshly before wrapping his arm around Gracie. "Look, she didn't do anything — alright?"

"That's not the question I asked." Hank retorts.

"And you are.." Isabelle trails off looking at the boy.

"My brother. Hanson." Gracie introduces before turning to her brother. "Steven's dead. They just told me."

"What?" Hanson breathes in shock.

"How did he die?" Gracie inquires as tears fall from her eyes.

"He drowned." Nick answers.

"Have any idea how he got into the river above Triple Falls?" Hank questions.

"No." Hanson states firmly.

"Last thing we knew he got a job." Gracie adds.

"A job?" Isabelle asks.