33 | TARANTELLA PT. 3

✯               ✯               ✯

✯ ✯ ✯

"I ordered you a hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll." Juliette says as Isabelle sits across from her.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you." Isabelle grins.

"So, what's new with you?" Juliette inquires.

"Oh, you know, not much. Just researching for a case me and Nick are working on and I may have gone on a date the other night." Isabelle replies.

"Woah. Hold up. You went on a date? Was it with that guy you told me that you really liked?" Juliette asks.

"It was." Isabelle confirms with a small smile.

"You need to tell me everything." Juliette presses. "Where'd you guys go?"

"My apartment. Me and Nick had to work late so I set up movies, wine, and snacks back at my place." Isabelle tells her.

"Ooh, that sounds cozy." Juliette comments. "What was the conversation like?"

"Nice. It was nice." Isabelle smiles.

"Awe, I'm so happy for you." Juliette coos when their orders arrive. "Thank you. So, was there kissing.. or perhaps a lot more than kissing?"

"Oh my god, Jules." Isabelle gasps as she almost chokes on her drink. "You had to ask me that as I pour a literal mouthful of hot chocolate down my throat?"

"Sorry." Juliette laughs. "So, did you?"

"Yes, we did kiss. But we did not do anything further than making out — and possibly some touching." Isabelle informs her.

"So was he a good kisser?" Juliette questions.

"Well, I certainly enjoyed myself." Isabelle responds before taking a bite of her cinnamon roll.

"So a very good kisser, then." Juliette muses. "Lucky you."

"I'm not lucky. Luck skips me." Isabelle retorts. "I'm just experiencing a real life miracle in action."

"You connecting with someone is not a miracle. You're a good person and good people find good people." Juliette states grabbing her hands. "I am so happy for you."

"Well don't get too excited just yet. We've only been out a couple of times." Isabelle reminds her.

"That's where it all starts." Juliette remarks. "Before you know it you'll be finishing each other sentences and buying each other inside joke themed gifts."