36 | THE LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 3

✯               ✯               ✯

After arriving at the trailer Isabelle walked over to the chest and pulls open it's doors. Kneeling down she begins going through everything stored inside. There was a multitude of items ranging from weapons to armor to even more Grimm books than what was already strewed about the trailer. Grabbing one of the Grimm books she brings it to the couch, skimming it for anything related to medieval fighting or gladiators.

Hearing noises coming from outside Isabelle shoots up from her spot and grabs the closest thing to her — which was a broom.

"Relax, it's just me and Monroe." Nick reassures her as he and Monroe enter the trailer. "So, what were you planning on doing with that?"

"Well, I definitely wasn't gonna clean." Isabelle retorts.

"Trust me, I know." Nick mutters teasingly but Isabelle just rolls her eyes at him before looking outside, checking to make sure no one had followed them.

"Don't worry. I did exactly what Nick told me." Monroe assures her. "I went around my block three times, once through the park, down through the northeast, I took one trolley and another one, you know, back to my car."

"Okay. I get it. No one followed you." Isabelle says before turning to Nick. "Nick, what's going on? I thought that we were doing research tonight."

"We are. Monroe is our research guide." Nick explains. "And thank you for this, by the way."

"No, guys, thank you. I mean, I know what you both must have gone through to confide in me about this. And then to let me in here by myself? I mean.. actually, I guess it took a Siegbarste beating the crap out of you two. But, guys, this place is like.. The National Archives. Or the freaking Smithsonian of Grimmology." Monroe rambles. "I mean, just the sheer historical value of everything in here is.. really nothing I would ever share with anyone else — ever. So, what do you need from me?"

"Do you know anything about Lowen?" Isabelle asks.

"Ah. Well, I know they'll rip your face off and then eat it." Monroe answers. "I know that."

"Yeah. Well, what about, uh.. combat fighting?" Nick inquires.

"Oh, you're talking about gladiator Lowen." Monroe realizes. "They are fierce. They're fueled by generations of bitterness. You know? Just imagine, one day you're king of your own jungle, right? Minding your own business. And suddenly you're in a net being dragged off to Rome and thrown in a gladiator pit."

"Those are from years ago, thought, right? What about today? Could there be any modern day Lowen gladiator fights?" Isabelle questions.